Market Sales Leader
Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: November 19, 2021
- Who We Are
- Working at BBU
- College Recruiting
- All Jobs
- Join Our Talent Network Keyword: Location: Search View All Jobs
at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Bimbo Bakeries USA
- all opportunities
- United States
- West Sacramento, CA
- Sales Market Sales Leader in West Sacramento, CA at Bimbo
Bakeries USA Date Posted: 8/20/2021 Apply Not ready to Apply? Job
- Employee Type:
West Sacramento, CA
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Job ID:
req23018 Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold--,
Brownberry-- or Oroweat-- bread? A Thomas'-- English muffin or
bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee--, Entenmann's-- or
Marinela-- cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
The Market Sales Leader is responsible for leading the execution of
DSD route sales in the market place. Success will be defined by
sales growth, superior freshness, quality and profit growth,
through continuous improvement.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Deliver on key performance indicators for revenue, volume and
controllable expenses (freshness, inventory and labor) in order to
achieve the key objectives for assigned sales area.
- Develop strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order to
grow overall business within existing accounts and pursue business
relationships with expansion customers to generate new
- Engage sales people in all facets of planning route sales
activity, including order management, daily distribution,
merchandising, promotional activity, and holiday planning in order
to meet the customers' in store expectations.
- Hold sales people accountable for meeting key performance
targets; execute procedures and programs to increase team
productivity, team effectiveness, & quality of work.
- Hold merchandisers accountable for the execution of world class
merchandising and meeting customers' expectations for down day
- Engage and develop core competencies in sales people through
training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback
in order to grow overall business.
- Utilize sales data to help drive effective decisions with the
sales person as well as drive brand growth with customers through
the acquisition of new space and displays.
- Establish effective customer relationships to initiate and
maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and institutional customers;
ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and
- Execute on all growth opportunities to grow market share on
strategic brands through the execution of incremental
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the
development of self, others, and work processes.
- Responsible for recruiting sales people and supporting route
splits and route productivity initiatives.
- Maintain accounts receivable, payment due balances, and SBT
accounts per policy.
- Achieve the field safety goals; deliver on safety awareness
programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace
injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero
- Seek potential new business and perform special projects and
assignments as requested by Leadership.
- May need to provide route coverage for unplanned vacancies in
Route Sales Professionals and Independent Business
- Partners when necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Job RequirementsKey Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to respond effectively to direction if needed; works
primarily as an independent contributor.
- Guides junior colleagues to set tasks and achieve objectives
within project timeline.
- Accountable to lead entire projects having modest scope/impact
or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to
- Ability to manage an advanced area of work.
- Ability to manage a moderately complex problem.
- Ability to exchange information and communicate messages to
- Ability to manage a project budget.
Education and Work History:
- Bachelor Degree in business or related field preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of related experience in customer relations or sales.
DSD experience is a plus.
- At least 6 months experience leading and influencing
- A combination of training and experience that results in
demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as
well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint,
Excel, and Word is required.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a DOT Medical card
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- Travel Required, 1%-5%*The physical and mental demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans. Apply Not ready to Apply?
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
- Office Manager Jobs
- Sales Associate Jobs
- Jobs in Sacramento, California
- Office Manager Jobs Sacramento, California
- Who We Are
- Working at BBU
- Returning Applicants
- Accessibility Statement
- College Recruiting
- Contact Us
- Pay Transparency
- Bimbo Bakeries USA -- 2019
- 255 Business Center Dr., Horsham, PA 19044
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Sacramento , Market Sales Leader, Sales , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!