Technical Pre-Sales Consultant, Business Intelligence & Analytics
Company: Tableau Software
Posted on: September 15, 2019
What you'll be doing ---
As Sales Consultant, you will become a de facto expert in Tableau
Products, the use cases that best leverage them and the IT
environments our platform integrate. The Sales Consultant's primary
role is to communicate the features, capabilities, and benefits of
Tableau as a modern analytics platform as a leader in Tableau
expertise. A Sales Consultant consistently demonstrates outstanding
presentation, speaking and writing skills and is able to create and
deliver compelling product demonstrations by clearly articulating
technical advantages into business benefits and solutions. The
Sales Consultant is the Primary Sales Consultant (SC) on assigned
accounts/opportunities and identifies technically challenging and
complex opportunities that may require the support from multiple
field SCs. The role has focus across all field segments with a
specialized focus on deep technical proof points, including
embedded analytics, IT integration and data preparation against
complex data sources. As part of the sales team, the role actively
contributes to account planning and customer adoption/success
through alignment of customer goals with proven best practices.
Additionally, the role requires continuous learning with multiple
Tableau releases annually and researching new technologies as they
emerge that are applicable to our customers and platform.
Some of the things you'll be doing include---
- Work with prospect's data to deliver world-class product
- Provide strategic pre-sales support for sales activities
including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations and
other general sales support
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of
- Drive all aspects of successful Proof of Concepts from
requirements and design to training and delivery
- Communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and web meetings
with prospects assisting and guiding them through the evaluation
and selection process
- Communicate daily with sales staff regarding sales activities
- Educate and train the sales force in the features and use of
Tableau and ETL products
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
- Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and
- Support all strategic deals involving complex data and/or data
- Provide ETL support and skills on strategic proof of
- Backup the technical support staff as needed
Who you are---
- Experienced. 5+ years' Presales experience or equivalent,
including 3+ years' experience using Tableau Software or business
- Highly Technical. Proficiency in technologies complimentary to
Tableau software such as the following: Enterprise software
architectures, cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google), .NET
or JSP, Java, Linux, Windows, and network security/authentication +
experience with network and web infrastructure.
- Domain. Experience with databases and data analysis tools &
demonstrated quantitative ability, such as statistics or analytics.
Experience with Enterprise ETL or Data Preparation tools a strong
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of
challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- Communication. Excellent written and presentation communication
- A True Team Player. You're the best at what you do and you know
how to work with your colleagues to get their best.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in
this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the
best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of
the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and
understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013,
Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business
intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We
are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal
to each other and our company. We value work/life balance,
efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and
making a difference in the world!
Keywords: Tableau Software, Sacramento , Technical Pre-Sales Consultant, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!