Senior Mechanical Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller
Posted on: July 15, 2019
About Us:Design Group operates from 45+ offices in the US and India
providing engineering, consulting, and technical services to the
world's leading companies in the Food & Beverage, Life Sciences,
Advanced Technology, Industrial, and other market sectors. Our
1500+ technical and engineering experts have direct industry
experience in industrial automation, control system integration,
facility and process engineering, architecture, construction
management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology, and other
consulting services. Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global
supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for
the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting
industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined
operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller
has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team
members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to
build a better world. Job Description:The Senior Mechanical
Engineer is responsible for the preparation of mechanical design
and construction documents for mechanical HVAC, Piping and Plumbing
systems for renovations and greenfield projects of varying size as
a part of an integrated multi-discipline A/E team. The role will
also include assisting the owner or project manager to define the
facility requirements/program for projects in the following areas;
Advanced Technologies, Life Science, Pharma and Food or Beverage
design. This role may oversee the work of mechanical engineers and
designers on similar projects.Responsibilities
- Lead and manage projects and project teams.
- SME in Mechanical and Building Codes and other related
- Maintain accurate and timely communication with the project
- Act as Engineer of Record as required.
- Perform complex mechanical systems design.
- Mechanical Engineer on multidiscipline project teams.
- Design mechanical systems including HVAC, steam and boiler
systems, compressed air, and plumbing systems for custom industrial
- Completion of engineering calculations and production of
construction documents and T24 / COMcheck forms using engineering
software; EnergyPro, HAP, PIPE-FLO, AutoCAD MEP and Revit.
- Interface with vendors to accomplish equipment sizing, hydronic
piping system design and selection of mechanical equipment.
- Develop specifications, interface with on-site and remote cross
functional project teams.
- Inspect installations and perform site audits on existing
- Mechanical Engineers can expect 15-25% travel to project sites,
collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for
training and other purposes.Requirements
- 10+ years engineering background and understanding of HVAC,
Piping and Plumbing systems application in facilities and buildings
- industrial preferred
- 5+ of those years in a "hands on" mechanical engineering design
role demonstrating an ability to complete mechanical system
analysis, sizing, design, and report writing.
- Preferred experience is mechanical design for Advanced
Technologies, Life Science, Pharma and Food or Beverage
- Ability to perform mechanical design in REVIT and AutoCAD
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Word,
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication
including generating reports and conducting group
- BS Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited
- PE LicenseLanguage
- English Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer.
M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify. Applicants may be subject
to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening,
reference checks, employment verifications, background screening
and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller, Sacramento , Senior Mechanical Engineer (Design Group), Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!