Residential Maintenance Technician
Posted on: March 18, 2019
About OpendoorAre you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying, selling and trading-in a home stress-free and instant. In four years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth, bought and sold over 20,000 homes (with an annual purchase run rate exceeding $3.8 billion), and raised over $1 billion in equity funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
The RoleResidential Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the thorough, diligent reporting on the quality of our listed homes. You have experience in the real estate industry and are familiar with identifying and performing repairs on common issues found in homes. You are excited to identify successes and opportunities for improvement against our rigorous home quality condition standards. As a Residential Maintenance Technician you bring clear written communication skills, are familiar with basic issue reporting tools, dont mind getting your hands dirty, and are comfortable driving from home to home throughout the day. You care deeply about the quality and presentability of Opendoor homes and are enthusiastic about increasing home quality through accurate reporting, on-the-spot minor corrections, and feedback.As a Residential Maintenance Technician Your Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Performing thorough inspections of homes as they become listed
- Diligent reporting on all aspects of the home relative to our home quality condition standards
- Contributing to the ongoing development of our home quality condition standards and operational processes
- Driving an average of 30+ miles per day
- Correcting minor issues found in homes (e.g., change lightbulbs, perform handyman-level plumbing/electrical/appliance/carpentry/HVAC/painting repairs and perform minor cleaning as needed to keep homes in show-ready condition
- Being a field-based contributor, with limited in-office timeAs a Residential Maintenance Technician You Have:
- Familiarity with common issues found in homes
- Experience performing residential maintenance repair tasks (> 6 months residential maintenance experience preferred)
- A detail-oriented mindset
- Excellent written communication skills
- A drive for continuous improvement through data and qualitative feedback
- Superb time management skills and accountability
- A valid drivers license, personal vehicle, and car insurance
- An ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and communication methodsOpendoor values OpennessOur team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Keywords: Opendoor, Sacramento , Residential Maintenance Technician, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!