Maintenance Support Technician -
Company: Bright People Foods
Posted on: November 11, 2018
The Maintenance Support Technician supports facility minor machine repairs, machine preventative maintenance, ensures maintenance spares inventory is organized, clean, and accurate. Keeps accurate records of purchase orders, work orders, and parts allocation, and assist the maintenance department with the sourcing of parts for all work orders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists Maintenance with minor machine repairs and machine preventative maintenance.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts and levels of the maintenance spares inventory in the maintenance shop areas, sheds, containers, and inventory rooms.
- Research, source, and order parts as needed for maintenance work.
- Maintain system for managing inventory parts.
- Maintain organized and efficient inventory areas.
- Check all packing slips for incoming goods for accuracy against actual items received; note discrepancies, supply documentation to purchasing coordinator for processing.
- Create work orders, prepare, and track repairable spares for shipment / repair and provide tracking paperwork.
- Assist in researching and locating parts and services from vendors and contractors as needed
- Create purchase orders as required.
- Organize, track, and complete purchase orders through completion with account payable.
- Following guidelines, create new inventory part numbers for new parts.
- Identify, record and manage obsolete inventory parts.
- Create work orders for internal jobs, enter data for work orders, and follow through on work completion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with facilities management systems is a plus. (Ability to enter work orders, parts usage, inventory data etc.)
- Mechanical aptitude is extremely important. Comply with all corporate policies while working.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy in a dynamic environment.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
- Speak effectively to suppliers and employees.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations such as add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Consistently be at work and be on time.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Follow tasks through till completion.
- Effective communication skills - speak, read and write effectively. English is a must, Spanish is a plus.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Bright People Foods, Sacramento , Maintenance Support Technician -, Professions , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!