Electrical Production Engineer- Rolling Stock
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated
transportation of people and goods by rail - including rolling
stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft
and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock,
including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and
streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed
trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide
traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as
signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and
Electrical Integration Designer
Siemens Mobility Rail Division has an immediate opening for an
expert Electrical Integration Engineer / Designer at their
Sacramento, California Facility. The candidate will have the
ability to support the design and production of our Locomotives,
Coach Cars, and Light Rail trains.
We are looking for professionals with the drive to work in the
high-paced rail industry to build new and innovative designs for
our future vehicles.
In this role, you will assist the Engineering Department personnel
to ensure accurate execution of the design and compliance with
industry standards and customer specifications.
Requires the ability to support production, revise design, improve,
and build sophisticated circuits. Must be detail-oriented and take
ownership of projects. Must be able to work independently on
projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal
- Execute (individually or as a member of an engineering team)
customized production orders under minimum supervision, utilizing
industry standards and best engineering practices.
- Provide redline support to production, edit, and revise
submittals with Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) such as
SAP -. This includes the design of new components, modification of
ELCAD (electrical CAD) circuits and Bill Of Material (BOM)'s, and
incorporation of field or customer-based changes.
- Prepare and release schematics using Elcad including connector
- The ability to perform component selection using components
catalogs such as circuit breakers, cables, terminals, off
the-shelves components with their associated characteristics.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 1 or more
years of similar work experience (preferred)
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 or more years
of similar work experience
- ELCAD 7.7.0 or higher or equivalent with 1 year of experience
(completed coursework can be considered as experience). Will
consider other Electrical CAD programs but the applicant will need
to show examples of relatable experience and willingness and
ability to learn ELCAD. Electrical circuit design experience and
willingness to use Elcad are essential.
- Circuit troubleshooting
- Circuit design
- Electro-mechanical integration
- Experience crafting and editing bills of materials
- Releasing parts and BOM's using an Engineering Change Order
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, interfacing
with factory workers
- Experience with voltage class separation and mechanical
protection of wires and cables
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers,
internal and external
- Crafting work instructions
- Crafting and presenting designs for internal and external
- SAP - Experience (ECN, ECO, and ECR (engineering changes steps)
- Rolling Stock experience is a plus
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
passionate about access to education, access to technology,
sustaining communities, and positively impacting the
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement
program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and
generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - Just named on the Forbes
2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
- Siemens is proud to have been named Fast Company 's Best
Workplaces for Innovators
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only
candidates under consideration will be contacted.
*This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of
health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our
benefits can be found here:
https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html . The base
salary range in Sacramento, CA, is $79,400 - $107,200. The salary
may be higher or lower depending on the budget and the candidate's
experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Sacramento , Electrical Production Engineer- Rolling Stock, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!