Flagger/ Spotter for Transportation Department
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: November 19, 2023
In 1991, Siemens Mobility laid down permanent roots in
Sacramento and built a manufacturing plant that includes
Engineering, Sub-Assembly, Vehicle Assembly, and Office Space.
Staying in Sacramento and investing in the modernization of the
building, we are committed to the community and providing skilled
jobs from welding and manufacturing to engineering and project
Today, nearly 2,000 proud workers build and maintain light rail
vehicles, locomotives, and passenger trains. Our campus is
solar-powered by the California sun and covers 64 acres with 13
buildings and a live test track! American workers of many skill
levels have come together to serve the unique needs of the U.S.
rail market. We are America's one-stop shop for Rolling Stock
vehicles and services. Are you ready to join our team?
As a Spotter, you will support all rail vehicle movement throughout
facility, walk with Transportation equipment, watch for clearance
around all obstacles, communicate with all other spotters and
equipment operator via radio.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Support all rail vehicle movement throughout facility, walk
with Transportation equipment, watch for clearance around all
obstacles, communicate with all other spottes and equipment
operator via radio.
- Prepare transportation equipment to transport rail vehicles -
Load rail vehicle onto the flat car or tractor trailer, following
procedures - Secure rail vehicle with special tie down method and
- Make visual inspections and establish quality checks
- Support special activities throughout facility as directed by
lead person - Duties may consist of, but not limited to sketches
and verbal instructions to perform production standard operations
and housekeeping duties.
- Utilization of hand and power shop tools.
- General mechanical background. Ability to read blueprints and
use hand tools, power tools safely.
- Able to communicate clearly and follow instructions
- Able to work as a team member in group situations.
For your safety, we require:
- High school education, GED, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Two years minimum experience groundwork in equipment
- Experience in all form of rigging and tie downs.
Starting pay - $19.27/hr. (plus shift premium - 10% for 2nd shift,
20% for 3rd shift)
- Upon offer of employment, candidates will be subject to a
background check and drug screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
necessary to successfully perform the essential job duties:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to
walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or
balance; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 40
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee
frequently works near moving mechanical parts and exposed to
vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. The employee is consistently exposed to outside weather
conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious
places and is exposed to dust and fumes or airborne particles.
Why you'll love working with Siemens:
- 11 paid holidays, 18 days of PTO
- 401K - 6% company match
--- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits -
starting Day 1
--- Tuition reimbursement
--- Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Sacramento , Flagger/ Spotter for Transportation Department, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!