Veterans Preferred - Operator - Production I
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10031806 Operator -
Production I (Open)
Sacramento, CA (Plant) - Acetylene production & filling
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The pay rate is $20,00 per hour.
The Production Operator will be responsible for safely handling
liquid, medical, and high-pressure gas cylinders in compliance with
federal, state, and local regulations, and meeting the standard
operating procedures of Airgas.
- Performs various duties in the plant to include forklift
operation, material handling and sorting, inspecting, and or
cylinder maintenance work.
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard
procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor
standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such
as odor tests, checking caps and valves. Analyzes products for
purity and correct mixtures.
- Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares
high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches
to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible
contaminants. Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per
regulations and standards.
- Assists with the loading & unloading of cylinders on & off
pallets and tractor trailers. Operates a forklift, pallet jack and
other warehouse equipment.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards.
Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Understands hazards of various gases, sizes, and contents of
cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the
color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Compliance with all government and company standards relating
to safely handling hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and orderly plant appearance.
- O ther duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience in manufacturing
operation; filling or loading experience preferred
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or
chemical industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and backgrounds.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Sacramento , Veterans Preferred - Operator - Production I, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!