IT Product Manager, Consultant
Company: Blue Shield of California
Location: El Dorado Hills
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Your role This role would Support Medi-Cal compliance products,
which is one of the most critical and high-impact products for the
Medi-Cal portfolio. Blue Shield is looking for an IT Product
Manager who would be responsible for the timely delivery of
compliance and mandates for our federal and state regulatory bodies
while ensuring the quality of deliverables meets state and federal
standards. The IT Product Manager will develop new product
concepts, designs, and/or enhancements to existing product designs
for Medi-Cal Compliance products and conduct research, developing a
strong understanding of business needs, new technologies,
technology trends, and competitors. The IT Product Manager will
report to Sr. Manager/IT Solutions and Delivery Lead for the Medi -
Cal portfolio. Your Work In this role, you will:
- Invested in product process improvements, utilizing data and
organizational strategies to foster and influence change.
- Serves as an advocate of the product team to Senior
- Develops business plan for products and participates in all
phases of the product development lifecycle, including analysis,
design, testing, and integration of products as well as the
introduction of products to the organization.
- Builds business relationships and works on them as well as
provides a leadership role on cross-functional teams to translate
business needs and technology directions into product
- Participate in the community of Practice and provides and share
best practices to influence and support the creation of a
cross-portfolio integrated roadmap.
- Conducts strategic planning and creates IT Product/ Services
roadmap for Medi-Cal Enrollment product and its peripheral
- Support critical and time-sensitive deliverables for the state
and government agencies, often requiring thought leadership and
innovative solutions to meet the mandate or regulatory
- Develops product documents and mockups to clearly illustrate
product ideas and concepts.
- Represents IT Products and provides a leadership role during
integrated planning / Program Increments (PIs) and sign-up for
- Manages the Lifecycle of IT products, from strategic planning
to tactical activities, specifying requirements for current and
- Manages product backlogs and coordinates to plan product
release schedule ensuring successful delivery by the IT product
- Work with vendor management to onboard contingent resources,
negotiate SOW, and manage the quality of delivery as well as the
overall cost of product ownership.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies based on the SAFE Agile
framework, such as sprint planning, product demo, retrospective,
epic collaboration, PI Planning, and others.
- You would be responsible for working with stakeholders to
maintain a healthy product backlog and represent the Medi-Cal
compliance team on quarterly epic collaboration and PI planning
- Plays a leadership role in driving collaboration with other IT
Product teams to aid dependency management.
- Works to achieve operational targets with a significant impact
on departmental results.
- Contributes to the development of goals for the department and
planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
- Influences the performance of the business unit or related
functional areas in achieving Blue Shield of California's
- May manage complex products and components plus influence
products and technology outside of immediate job area
- Work is performed with limited oversight.
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of
processes, systems, or products to enhance the performance of job
- Issues faced are numerous and undefined and require detailed
information gathering, analysis, and investigation to understand
the problem. Problems are difficult and moderately complex,
typically impact multiple departments or specialties, and are
usually solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis
- Develops new perspectives and innovative approaches to existing
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job
- Has responsibility for communicating with parties external to
the organization (e.g. customers, vendors, etc.).
- Works to influence parties within and outside of the job
function at an operational level regarding policies, procedures,
- Generally, responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and
training to other employees within the job area.
- Generally, responsible for managing major/complex products
involving delegation of work and review of work products At Blue
Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries,
heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to
fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to
high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For
more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to
transforming health care by making it more accessible,
cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit,
independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with
6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3
million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million
to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a
positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of
California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18
additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San
Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has
received awards and recognition for LGBT diversity, quality
improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay
Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the
world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California,
we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and
the communities we live in , Join us!Your Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile methodologies. SAFE or equivalent
Agile certifications is/are highly desirable.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through
advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically, viewed as a specialist within the discipline.
- May have a broad knowledge of product management.
- Typically, requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent
experience and a minimum of 7 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range: The pay range for this role is: $ 118800.00 to $
178200.00 for California. Note: Please note that this range
represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue
Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are
based on a variety of factors, including the candidate's
experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California),
and current employee salaries for similar roles.
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Sacramento , IT Product Manager, Consultant, Professions , El Dorado Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!