Electrical Engineering Internship- Customer Service
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Siemens Mobility US is looking for aspiring e ngineers to come
aboard for a 10-12-week internship journey where they wi ll get
exposure to what happens behind the scenes to make the rail world
During your summer journey with us , you will have the opportunity
to immerse yourself in the world of system engineering where y ou
will learn and get hands-on experience on modifications,
modernizations and upgrades for all types of rail vehicles.
If you are a rising junior or senior pursuing an undergraduate
degree, live near Sacramento, California , and are ready to
discover the amazing opportunities that the rail industry has to
offer then look no further
A little bit about us
Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated transportation
of people and goods by rail - including rolling stock, rail
automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft and
manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including
commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars,
metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets.
Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power
substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and
control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit
We frequently work in small teams to solve problems, explore new
technologies , and learn from one another.
What you will do...
- Document electrical modifications related to the overhaul of
- Review vehicle schematics to assist in root cause analysis of
- Create schematics for train subsystems and bench test
- Assist in rail vehicle modification electrical designs
- Support in the technical bid of maintenance and overhaul
Critical Capabilities :
- Problem solving
- Communicating technical concepts
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's or advanced degree in Engineering
- Electrical or similar from an accredited college or
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required
- Must be able and willing to commute to our Sacramento
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Previous internship experience or relevant school projects
- Effective communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently
- Desire to learn about the rail industry - project management,
customer service operations , manufacturing, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Sacramento , Electrical Engineering Internship- Customer Service, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!