Commissioning Technician- Rolling Stock - Seattle
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated
transportation of people and goods by rail - including rolling
stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft
and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock,
including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and
streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed
trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide
traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as
signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and
The candidate will be responsible for solving and repairing
next-generation electric Light Rail vehicles that are delivered
from the OEM to the local authority in Seattle, WA. The technician
must be familiar with electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic
- Perform, with the use of mechanical drawings, schematics, and
location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in LRV control circuits and
components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective
- Work with shop machines and hand tools.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules,
practices, and procedures.
- Connect with others, verbally and in writing, technical
information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related
- Assist employees as needed.
- Read, interpret, and understand written or electronic
information, maintain the data, and compile reports.
- Use PTU's (laptops) to solve systems onboard the LRV's.
A DMV check must be run to ensure the worker has a valid driver's
license. Must be proficient in electrical, mechanical, and
hydraulic troubleshooting. 1-5 years of experience working with
industrial electrical and mechanical components is a required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED), College Degree preferred.
- Minimum five years' experience in relevant field.
- Must be proficient in electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical
- Individuals must possess a valid Driver's license in good
- Individuals must be at least 21 years of age to participate in
the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
passionate about access to education, access to technology,
sustaining communities, and positively impacting the
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement
program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and
generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - Just named on the Forbes
2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
- Siemens is proud to have been named Fast Company 's Best
Workplaces for Innovators
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only
candidates under consideration will be contacted
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Sacramento , Commissioning Technician- Rolling Stock - Seattle, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!