Aircraft Avionics Technician I-IIl
Company: Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Descriptions:GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:Successful candidate
installs, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs avionics systems wiring
in aircraft in accordance with technical specifications,
engineering instructions, and DoD regulations. Fabricates, installs
and tests installation, routing, clamping and wiring harnesses.
Reads wiring diagrams and blueprints. Assembles and/or fits
together parts to form subassemblies and/or complete
units.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:The duties and responsibilities
listed below apply to all levels of Aircraft /Avionics Technicians.
Each level has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
Aircraft / Avionics Technicians ALL
- Performs a variety of tasks, which require knowledge of
fabrication techniques, materials, tools and equipment.
- Follows Foreign Object Prevention (FOD) practices.
- Follows Electronic Static Discharge prevention (ESD)
- Interprets and follows manufacturing orders.
- Operates shop related machinery to include torque wrench,
pneumatic tools, common hand tools and scales.
- Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as
- Inspects finished products for conformance to
- May work from verbal instructions.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensures strict adherence to the
- Fabricates, assembles, installs, repairs, modifies, tests,
operates and troubleshoots avionics/electrical modules, components,
and wire harnesses.
- Installs wires and electrical components into electrical
assemblies per engineering drawings and specifications.
- Tests and performs fault isolation of components.
- Responsible for failure determination of electronics/avionic
- Tests aircraft instruments and systems, such as automatic
flight controls, inertial navigation, and compass systems.
- Uses a variety of electrical measuring and diagnostic
- Will perform complete testing using manufacturing manuals,
schematics and drawings
- Presents innovative ideas to improve manufacturing
- Complied with established QMS procedures and Safety
- Utilizes the Tool Accountability System (TAS) for proper tool
control and hazardous material utilizationAircraft / Avionics
- Works under close supervision.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of aircraft drawings and
- Proficiently executes Foreign Object Prevention (FOD)
- Performs basic safety wire installation.
- Performs basic wire soldering procedures.
- Performs basic Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP).
- Assists Aircraft Assemblers with installation of components
during aircraft buildup, at Fuselage and Aircraft Assembly levels.
Aircraft / Avionics Technician II
- Works under limited supervision.
- Assembles aircraft parts and sub-assemblies.
- May work from engineering drawings, rough sketches and/or
- Rivets both solid and blind rivets.
- Installs safety wire.
- Installs electronic components.
- Perform electronic assembly soldering, crimping, splicing and
harness fabrication, and control panel building.
- Consistently performs to established production standards
- Has basic understanding of Aircraft testing principles
including preparation for and testing of avionics and propulsion
- Can perform basic troubleshooting of wire harnesses, coax
cables, electrical systems
- Has basic understanding of RF principles including uses of
transmitters, receivers and antennas Aircraft / Avionics Technician
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics.
- Ability to use electronic testing equipment.
- Perform electronic assembly tasks including soldering.
- Prepares and installs wire harnesses and electronic
- Assists in the troubleshooting of aircraft as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform required repairs as
directed by Engineering and Supervision.
- Ability to train less experienced assemblers in the proper
assembly of aircraft.
- Follows Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) practices.
- Performs electronic assembly soldering, crimping, splicing and
harness fabrication, and control panel building.
- Consistently performs at or above established production
- Has good understanding of Aircraft and Ground Support Equipment
testing principles including preparation for and testing of
avionics and propulsion systems
- Perform troubleshooting of wire harnesses, coax cables,
- Understands the RF principles including uses of transmitters,
receivers and antennas Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must perform and/or assist all activities normally found in
aerial target maintenance, including the use of hand and power
tools, lifting heavy objects, and working with industrial chemicals
and adhesives such as epoxy, grease, jet fuel, oils, and
- May be required to work extended hours or weekends, as
- Infrequent travel domestically for extended durations at times
- Supports flight operations, maintenance and logistical support
for unmanned aerial systems and related equipment. SUPERVISORY
- NoneRequired Experience:KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:Required:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as
required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Must have prior experience with avionics/aircraft
- Strong decision making abilities
- Strong isolation & troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Must be able to read schematics and drawings
- Demonstrates proficiency at electronic assembly, soldering,
crimping, splicing, harness fabrication, and control panel
- Must be able to test & isolate failures to components
- Must be able to install components.EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE:Required: The education and experience listed below
apply to all levels of Aircraft / Avionics Techncian. Each
successive level of Aircraft / Avionics Technician has additional
proficiencies with the education and experience listed. Aircraft /
Avionics Technician I
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years avionics/aircraft maintenance experience.
Aircraft / Avionics Technician II
- 4+ years of avionics/aircraft maintenance experience and all
skills listed above. Aircraft / Avionics Technician III
- 6+ years of avionics/aircraft maintenance experience and all
skills listed abovePreferred:
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security
clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Office,
production/manufacturing and outside environment Ability to stand
and sit for long periods of time Standing, walking, bending,
reaching and working from slightly elevated surface on a regular
Must perform and/or assist all activities normally found in aerial
target maintenance, including the use of hand and power tools,
lifting heavy objects, and working with industrial chemicals and
adhesives such as epoxy, grease, jet fuel, oils, and cleaners
Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous
materials and hazardous wastes. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None.Keyword:
Repairs avionics, wiring, routing, fabricates, diagrams and
blueprints, aircraft, avionics, test, assemble Kratos Defense is an
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. EOE, Minorities,
Females, Vet, Disabled, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or any
other protected class.All qualified job seekers are encouraged to
apply. Kratos Defense is committed to America's veterans by
providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after
service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities.EEO Is The Law
Disability Accessibility AccommodationIf you require an
accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send
your request to HRAccessibility@kratosdefense.com or call
858-964-2916. Any inquires not related to requesting an
accommodation will be discarded. Pay TransparencyThe company will
not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees
or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. Job Applicant Privacy NoticeFor applicants in the EU and
California residents, please review our privacy notice.From: Kratos
Keywords: Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc., Sacramento , Aircraft Avionics Technician I-IIl, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!