Building Maintenance Specialist I
Company: University Enterprises, Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Broad Scope & Function
This position performs a variety of skilled manual tasks in the
alteration, maintenance, and repair on the buildings, facilities,
and systems in buildings operated by the Union WELL Inc. The
position is accountable for assignments given on a daily, weekly,
monthly, and quarterly basis. Assignments will vary depending on
the needs of the facilities but will usually be in the general
category of building trades.
This position reports to, and receives general supervision from,
the Assistant Director, Maintenance and Facility Operations, Union
- Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
- Paid Vacation Time - starting at 6.66 hours accrued/month
- Paid Sick Time - 8 hours accrued/month
- Paid Holidays - 13 paid holidays per year including paid time
off the week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day as the CSUS
campus is closed
- Excellent medical benefits - 100% employer-paid medical &
dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family
- Educational Assistance Program for employees and/or
- View a comprehensive list of all of the benefits at
Apply by January 22, 2023.
- Cover letter
If these documents are not included, your application materials
will not be considered. Please include your employment history in
the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition
to submitting your resume and cover letter.
Conditions of Employment
This is a full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay),
benefited position that is covered under the California Public
Employees' Retirement System. Continued employment in this position
is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises and
the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee
can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will,
with or without cause.
Sacramento State requires all campus employees, including auxiliary
employees, to be fully vaccinated, including a booster, against
COVID-19 unless they have a qualifying exemption.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides excellent customer service by executing client service
requests for maintenance and repair of building fixtures and
equipment including locks, doors, windows, window coverings,
drains, shelving, kitchen equipment, lighting equipment and other
related facility equipment. Completes all requests within allocated
level of service (LOS) time frames using professional and efficient
- Follows all safety procedures set forth by the Union WELL Inc.;
attends safety meetings, wears proper Personal Protective
Equipment, and uses lock out tag out (LOTO) protocol.
- Tracks and records maintenance tasks through use of maintenance
software, building management systems, and written paperwork.
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs of building equipment,
including aspects of electrical, plumbing, and structural
- Troubleshoots, cleans, tests, and performs other preventative
maintenance tasks on HVAC, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on a wide variety of
HVAC and refrigeration equipment, including remote condensing
units, heat pumps, and walk-in units.
- Cleans and maintains HVAC equipment and assists with
replacements such as compressor and condenser units on HVAC
split-systems, cooling towers motors, pumps, and motor bearing
- Cleans and maintains building control systems including exhaust
hood/fan systems, air make-up units, air handlers, and variable
frequency drive (VFD) units, and assists with troubleshooting
electrical problems integrated with such equipment.
- Assists with troubleshooting refrigeration systems.
- Performs maintenance and repairs of floors and walls including,
patching, painting, replacing, and protecting as needed.
- Cleans and maintains roofs and roof drains. Locates and repairs
minor roof leaks on both built-up and single-ply roofing
- Maintains and performs additions/modifications on various
building low-voltage control systems including HVAC, Fire Alarm,
- Makes minor repairs and performs routine maintenance of
custodial equipment, audio-visual, and event operating
- Performs minor woodworking and carpentry tasks.
- Works a varied schedule including nights, weekends, holidays as
needed, and is part of an on-call rotation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in general maintenance and repair
- Demonstrated working knowledge of common methods, practices,
and materials used in the maintenance and repair of building
- Demonstrated general knowledge of the proper use and care and
ability to operate various tools used in building maintenance,
including powered equipment.
- Must possess strong customer service skills and have the
ability to interact courteously and effectively with customers,
vendors, tenants, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow oral and written
directions in English, read chemical labels, and follow directions.
Ability to make arithmetic computations where required.
- Experience using word-processing and email software such as the
programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work a varying schedule, including extended hours,
swing shift, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed, and as part
of an on-call rotation.
- Demonstrated ability to do a variety of skilled maintenance
repair tasks including such items as simple carpentry, electrical,
plumbing, mechanical and general trades.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable,
productive, and expedient manner and to adhere to strict
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be legally eligible to drive in California, complete and
pass an online training course, maintain a good driving record, and
be acceptable for vehicle insurance coverage under the University
Enterprises insurance plan. Must continue to meet the established
driving standards, driving record will be monitored with the
California Department of Motor Vehicles to ensure compliance.
- Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting.
Must continue to meet the established standards.
- Demonstrated experience with repairs to fitness equipment,
including knowledge of mechanical components, motors, levers,
pulleys, chains, and gears.
- Experience working on appliances.
Stand and walk for extended periods; manual dexterity and eye-hand
coordination; sit for extended periods; corrected hearing and
vision to normal range; verbal communication; reach for tools and
supplies; lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.; stoop,
kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb; use motorized vehicles and power
equipment; occasionally use office equipment including computers,
telephones, calculators, copiers, printers, scanners, and fax
Work is performed in indoor, outdoor, and equipment room
environments; exposure to dust, oils, toxic substances, and
electrical and mechanical equipment; may work on ladders or
scaffolding; works under conditions of wide temperature variance;
may work with exposure to moisture; may work in confined spaces;
regular contact with staff, campus community, and public.
Keywords: University Enterprises, Inc., Sacramento , Building Maintenance Specialist I, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!