Workers' Compensation Technician
Company: Government jobs
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Placer County Human Resources Department is seeking one
Administrative Technician to provide support to the County's
Workers' Compensation Program. This position reports directly to
the Risk Management Administrator. The incumbent will be
responsible for the following:
- Keep statistics for all injuries.
- Accurately track and monitor temporary disability periods.
- Obtain and process work status information from the third-party
administrator or physicians.
- Process confidential reports and documents.
- File required and other workers' compensation documents within
- Answer basic workers' compensation questions from County
employees, supervisors, and managers.
- Review and input information into the Third Party
Administrator's Claims System.
- Collect, document, and maintain the Cal/OSHA 300 Log.
In addition to salary, this position shall receive an additional
3.5% confidential pay.
Placer County offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees,
- Holidays: 14 paid holidays per year, 2 of which are floating
- Vacation leave: 10 days/year with ability to accrue 25
- Sick leave: 12 days/year*
- Cafeteria plan: 6% of employee's salary will be contributed
towards employee to use towards 401(k), dependent care, medical
co-insurance, or cash
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available for employees
- $50,000 life insurance policy at no cost to employee
- CalPERS retirement plans
- Retiree medical insurance
- Deferred compensation
- Education allowance: up to $1,200 per year
- Bilingual incentive: incumbents may be eligible for bilingual
incentive pay depending upon operational needs and certification of
*Amounts will be prorated for part-time employees and employees
hired after the first of the year.
The information above represents benefits currently available to
permanent Placer County employees and may be subject to change.
Applicants should inquire about the most current benefit package
during hiring interviews or by contacting the Human Resources
Department. For a detailed listing of benefits, please click here
to view General benefits.
For more information regarding the benefits Placer County has to
offer, please visit Placer County's Human Resources website.
Keywords: Government jobs, Sacramento , Workers' Compensation Technician, Professions , Auburn, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!