Shipping and Receiving II
Company: Nesco Resource
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Shipping and Receiving
Pay rate: $18/hr.
Shift: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Benefits available, paid weekly.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Verify and retain records on incoming or outgoing shipments.
Compares identifying information of incoming or outgoing shipments
to verify against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other
records. May route items to departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of
Shipping & Receiving Clerks. Each level of Shipping & Receiving
Clerk has additional duties and responsibilities, as listed
- Maintains files and records of shipping and receiving documents
for domestic and international transactions.
- Prepares documentation for shipment of materials, parts,
finished goods and related items.
- Verifies incoming shipments for the appropriate items, records
and signs for shipments.
- Verifies incoming shipments are free of damage or reports
damage to Supervisor.
- Unloads and loads. Wide variety of freight from box trucks,
flat beds, vans, etc..
- Checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain
that quantities, destinations and routings are correct.
- Verifies that materials received are as ordered in both type
- Routes incoming shipments and documents to the proper
departments or destination.
- Ensures ERP is accurate with receiving of P.O.'s and
out-process work orders.
- Follows Customer or internal Packaging Requirements, including
labeling, and packages shipments sufficiently to avoid shipping
- Identifies and reports part discrepancies.
- Uses a forklift truck, hoist, or other material handling
- Looks for dock safety concerns and when identified, reports
them to supervisor.
- Follows all ISO procedures.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensures strict adherence to the
- Drives company vehicles and sustains valid driver's license to
safely perform delivery functions in compliance with all regulatory
- Loads, unloads and delivers material between company and
Customer locations via Company Truck.
- Makes sure to have appropriate authorization/documentation for
all items transporting between facilities. Shipping/Receiving Clerk
- Works under general supervision.
- Trains less skilled Shipping & Receiving Clerks.
- Performs all Shipping and Receiving functions.
- Identifies process deficiencies and reports to Supervisor.
- Identifies part discrepancies and reports to Supervisor with
recommendations for correction.
- Ensures that Hazmat materials shipped or received are
accompanied with a Safety Data Sheet, as applicable.
- Maintains both Shipping and Receiving areas per company
requirements and management direction without direct
- Understands and is responsible for shelf-life requirements and
labeling upon receipt.
- Ensures that all export requirements provided by Trade
Compliance Manager are adhered to.
- Completes Fedex and UPS shipments with minimal guidance.
- Shipping/Receiving Clerk III
- Maintains the necessary government required security clearance
for transporting, handling and shipping collateral materials and
access to SCIF and SAPF when required.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Mentors and trains Shipping & Receiving Clerk I-II.
- Creates documentation and assigns correct descriptions and UN
numbers on bills of lading where applicable.
- Receives all "non-product receipts.
- Provides input to Shipping and Receiving departmental work
instructions and the related matrix.
- Ensures proper process is followed for RMA and RTV
- Provides assistance to the Traffic Coordinator in performing
negotiation, quoting, and specialized packaging development.
- Confirms that Customer or internal Packaging Requirements are
followed, including labeling, and that shipments are packaged
sufficiently to avoid shipping damage.
- Performs cycle count inventories, as needed for
shipping/receiving packaging and supplies.
- Identifies and researches process deficiencies and inventory
discrepancies and reports recommendations for correction to
- Processes and documents incoming engine receipts via ERP.
- Provides backup support, as required, to the Traffic
- Assists Property Administrators and Inventory Analysts with
audits, as needed.
- Assists Property Administrators as needed to perform shipping
functions related to Plant Clearance approved dispositions.
- Performs safety inspections and reports any issues to the
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor.
- Ensures that all export requirements provided by Trade
Compliance Manager are adhered to
- Processes UPS and Fedex Shipments.
- Other Job Functions all levels
- Other duties may be assigned
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Each successive level of Shipping & Receiving Clerk builds on the
identified typical knowledge, skills and abilities listed for the
previous level(s) Shipping & Receiving Clerk.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as
required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to obtain and maintain required certifications/training
to safely operate forklift truck, hoist, or other material handling
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Ability to obtain the Certifications required of
Shipping/Receiving Clerk II-III or as needed to perform duties and
functions assigned. Shipping/Receiving Clerk II
- Basic to Intermediate computer skills with the ability to
navigate around files.
- Ability to obtain and maintain current certifications in IATA,
DOT, HAZMAT, IMDG, as required.
- Ability to obtain Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms ATF explosive
handling certification, if required.
- Sustain active permit status as an Employee Possessor of
- Possess the ability to understand FAR and DFAR regulation
clauses related to shipping and receiving.
- Is trained in and understands Shipping and Receiving functions
and possess the ability to perform functions.
- Ability to identify process deficiencies.
- Ability to identify part discrepancies and make recommendations
for correction. Shipping/Receiving Clerk III
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills with the ability to
navigate around files.
- Basic Hazardous Materials Training preferred.
- Experience shipping to foreign countries preferred.
- Obtain and maintain current certifications of Shipping &
Receiving Clerk I-II
- Ability to understand and apply FAR and DFAR regulation clauses
to job functions related to shipping and receiving.
- Ability to distinguish the differences and ensure proper
process is followed for RMA and RTV processing. EDUCATION AND
- Requires high school education or equivalent.
- Preferably 1-3 years related experience in a Shipping or
- Must possess and valid state driver's license and current motor
vehicle insurance with clean motor vehicle driving record
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security
clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Shipping/Receiving Clerk II
- Preferably 4 years related experience in a Shipping and
Receiving environment. Shipping/Receiving Clerk III
- Preferably 6 years related experience in a Shipping and
- Must be able to obtain and maintains the necessary government
required security clearance for transporting, handling and shipping
collateral materials and access to SCIF and SAPF. WORK ENVIRONMENT
/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and manufacturing/shipping area environment with
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key,
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Standing, walking, bending, lifting, carrying, using material
handling equipment Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc,
and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally
protected characteristics with respect to employment
Keywords: Nesco Resource, Sacramento , Shipping and Receiving II, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!