Field Service Technician I
Posted on: September 22, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. -Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. -Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. -The Field
Service Technician I performs multiple functions related to product
readiness for patient utilization on a wide range of rental and
customer owned medical products. - Additionally, will provide 24/7
delivery, removal, and service support for products in service
centers and customer accounts in a timely and professional manner.
- This position requires operating a fleet vehicle in a safe manner
as well as direct customer contact. Cleaning, disinfecting,
operational function checks, and minor repairs of Baxter and
non-Baxter products will be expected. - Performance of minor
repairs and routine parts exchange will be expected.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Other duties may be assigned:
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety awareness and
- Successfully complete all required safety and compliance
learning modules on a timely basis.
- Complete medical testing in a timely manner.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S
- Safely operate a fleet vehicle ranging in size from a cargo van
up to a 26,000 pound truck.
- Identify safety concerns and correct as necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 pounds using appropriate
processes, including proper safety and ergonomic procedures.
- Delivery & Removal
- Ability to load, unload, deliver, and remove wheeled medical
products, weighing up to 1680 pounds, to and from customer
accounts, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety
- Ability to move and maneuver medical products within Baxter
service centers, healthcare facilities, and private homes,
unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Ability to maneuver and secure medical products within truck
beds, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety
- Ability to perform constant sitting for up to 4 hours in
combination with high levels of vibration while driving a fleet
- Ability to assist nursing staff in transferring patients from
existing beds onto medical products or interim stretchers.
- Repair & Maintenance
- Ability to perform sweeping, mopping, and all other general
- Ability to troubleshoot and complete minor repairs to Baxter
products to correct problems pertaining to electrical, mechanical,
hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic features, unassisted.
- Ability to perform routine cleaning & maintenance procedures on
various Baxter products. -
- Ability to perform pre-installation maintenance, including
'preventive maintenance' and 'between patient inspection' and
modification procedures on various Baxter products, unassisted, to
- Ability to visually, audibly, and manually inspect Baxter
products for electrical, mechanical, - - - hydraulic, pneumatic, or
cosmetic problems requiring adjustment or repair.
- Ability to utilize the appropriate tools in making required
adjustments and repairs.
- Ability to monitor the readings of electronic meters and
- Ability to provide on-call coverage, up to 24/7 basis including
weekends and holidays, which may require customer account
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing daily schedule of
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in order to plan and
organize effectively to satisfy customer demands.
- Ability to endure high levels of stress caused by various
customer demands, scheduling conflicts, driving conditions, and
other factors beyond the control of the Field Service Tech I.
- Ability to complete written documents (records, reports, and
forms) for internal, regulatory, and project documentation.
- Ability to read and comprehend (in English) technical bulletins
pertaining to the repair and maintenance of Baxter products.
- Ability to navigate a various electronic devices (i.e. PC,
smart phone, tablet, etc.), the Internet and other applications to
obtain and enter information. - Complete data analysis and
interpretation as required.
- Present and Train
- Ability to conduct effective, oral presentations of information
to customers and co -workers to conduct:
- In-service training sessions to hospital staff and
- Product demonstrations
- Participation in team meetings
- Feedback of field activities
- Cross-training of coworkers to complete both service center and
field functionsSupervisory responsibilities include:
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Applicable technical or trade school training preferred
- Experience working with medical devices and/or FDA regulated
- Previous mechanical/hands-on experience preferred
- Previous driving/delivery experience preferred
- Adapts to new technologies and is comfortable with the
Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Valid driver's license and driving record that meets company
standards and state requirements
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOT physical card
- Schedule flexibility/on-call
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Occasional overtime required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, analyze, and apply
technical information including but not limited to technical
manuals, technical bulletins, schematics, etc. -
- Effectively present information both verbal and written in
one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other employees of the organization
- Basic mathematical skills related to calculating/analyzing
weights and measures, volume, distance, etc. -PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS:NOTE: - The inability to perform any of the following
physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from
consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is
determined that the physical requirement is an essential job
function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with
or without reasonable accommodation
- Please refer to the Physical Demands Supplement for complete
physical requirements of this position
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Must wear personal protective equipment including but not
limited to safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective
clothing. Gloves supplied include both latex and non-latex
- Frequently works in environments were biohazards could be
present. i.e. Hospitals, Service Centers, and Depots
- Must comply with Baxter infection control policiesThe
successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he
or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable
accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious
beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable
law.Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity
employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran
status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Reasonable
AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or
interview process, please click on the here and let us know the
nature of your request along with your contact
information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has discovered incidents
of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter
employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job
seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial
information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our
Keywords: BAXTER, Sacramento , Field Service Technician I, Professions , Loomis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!