Power Plant Mechanic
Company: EthosEnergy Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital
status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender
identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status
protected by law or regulation.Responsible for completing a variety
of operations and maintenance activities at a 185 megawatt combined
cycle electrical power generation and water treatment facility..
Overtime eligible.Job Responsibilities
- Perform mechanical maintenance and inspection on gas and steam
turbines, valves, and other associated equipment used in a power
generation and water treatment facilities. Be compliant with
company policies (TOPS, Health, Safety and Environmental policies,
business policies, etc. Responsible for the inspection and repair
of mechanical rotating equipment, including the use of specialized
tools such as laser alignment, borescope, and vibration equipment.
Perform safe start-up, shutdown and isolation of equipment using
Lock out Tag out Procedures. Troubleshoot equipment problems
utilizing technical reference manuals and documents. Liaison with
regional integrity and equipment management. Perform technical
analysis to prepare recommendations for future action. Identify and
implement training opportunities. Provide coaching, mentoring, and
training to other personnel. Utilize automated maintenance systems
to generate work orders and enter technical findings. Supervise and
coordinate third party contractors. Provide technical expertise in
the mechanical field and assist with other functions within the
team (Operations, Instrument and Electrical Techs, regional, etc.
On-call rotation and emergency response as required. Special
Projects as assigned.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Positive attitude towards safety.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize basic hand and power
- Versatile in completing tasks in preventive power plant
maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to adapt positively to a changing environment.
- Good written, verbal, and computer skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent mechanical maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Five years of power plant, industrial plant or equivalent
experience as a Mechanic is preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Word and Excel is required.
- Two year degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
experience, with emphasis on mechanical repair skills.
- Standing, sitting, walking, climbing ladders and scaffolding,
working from elevation, heavy lifting and the use of hand and power
tools, working with high-pressure steam, water and air, chemicals,
and chemical equipment.
- Working in cramped and sometimes awkward positions.
- Required to work outdoors in inclement weather and confined
spaces, exposed to high noise, heat and cold.
- Required use of Personal Protective Equipment including but not
limited to SCBA's, respirators and various classes of
ReferenceEPR005597Posting ReferenceInd1LocationSacramento, CA,
Keywords: EthosEnergy Group, Sacramento , Power Plant Mechanic, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!