Swing ER Veterinary Technician/Assistant
Company: Ethos Veterinary Health
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Vista Veterinary Specialists is looking for an experienced
Veterinary Technician or Experience Veterinary Assistant to join
our team on a full-time basis.
Our 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital provides care in
internal medicine, oncology, surgery, dermatology, radiology, and
cardiology. Our modern facility offers a full in-house laboratory,
digital radiography, ultrasonography, on-site CT and endoscopy.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the Emergency/Critical Care
department you will be responsible for:
SHIFT: SWING (3- 12hrs)
$500 Hiring Bonus
- Triaging incoming patients and managing clients throughout
- Partnering with DVM's in patient assessment, diagnostics,
treatments, and procedures
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood,
urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and
- Surgical assisting for minor (non-specialty) procedures
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic
monitoring is preferred.
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and
working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and
commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues,
clients, and community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative
- Passion for providing the highest quality in patient care.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required,
and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working as a Veterinary
Technician/Assistant in an animal hospital setting required. Recent
graduates with an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Veterinary
Technology will be considered
- RVT preferred, experienced assistant considered
Benefits of Working at Vista Vet Specialist:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Overnight differentials
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100%
employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances,
flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid
time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
- 3 (12-hour shifts)
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ethos Veterinary Health, Sacramento , Swing ER Veterinary Technician/Assistant, Professions , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!