Staff Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: November 12, 2019
52024 Job Category:
Professional Position Type:
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since
1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals
providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water,
energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive,
cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative
problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every
day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to
client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and
thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and
civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with
innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated,
award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their
objectives - from project inception through design and execution.
Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together,
Kleinfelder\'s Sacramento operation has a terrific opportunity for
a Staff Geotechnical Engineer.
We are seeking candidates with experience related to civil or
The ideal candidate must have previous experience working on one or
more of the following types of projects: environmental or
geotechnical engineering. Preference is that you have some
environmental and experience in a least one of the other project
types (environmental engineering or groundwater management).
However, we are open to provide training for the right
Responsible for collection, documentation, analysis, and reporting
of field data; including:
* soil and rock logging of bore holes, test pits, and monitoring
* well installation, supply and irrigation well experience a
* aquifer testing analysis
* completion of soil and groundwater sampling
* hydrogeologic evaluations
* laboratory testing on soil and other construction materials
* report writing
* foundation and flood control construction observation
Tasks will also include:
* preparing permits for drilling
* marking sites for USA and utility locating
* coordinating field work with multiple subcontractors
* preparing work plans and health and safety plans for
* preparation of data tables and analysis
* assistance with preparation of geotechnical, environmental,
and/or groundwater supply/management reports
Ideal candidates will possess strong communication and writing
skills and technical background in engineering projects.
* 4 to 8 years of engineering related experience
* 40-hour HAZWOPER training (a plus but not required)
* Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessment experience (a plus but
* Strong attention to detail in order to ensure compliance with
relevant state/federal regulations and client specific
* Valid Driver s License with a clean driving record.
* Physical ability to be in the field, carry equipment (20 to 30
pounds), perform testing and sampling for multiple hours or
multiple days in a row.
* Must be willing to travel within the state of California.
BS degree in engineering (Required)
Professional Engineers Licensure, PE (Required)
Candidates that have completed applicable internships are
This position will be a mix of office and field work. Individual
must be capable of taking direction and completing work with basic
supervision. We are seeking a self-starter with a strong desire to
learn and be a part of a top-notch team.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package,
including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan,
and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA
and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes
from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed
Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree
to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the
event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a
previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the
right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume,
including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the
property of Kleinfelder.
Keywords: Kleinfelder, Sacramento , Staff Geotechnical Engineer, Other , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!