Designer, Transmission Line
Company: Ampirical Solutions, LLC
Posted on: May 19, 2019
SUMMARY The Overhead Transmission Designer is responsible for the
detailed design and drafting of electric transmission,
sub-transmission, and distribution lines. This opportunity is open
to entry-, mid-, or senior-level designers. Entry-level candidates
with any type of civil design background or experience
(construction, transportation, water/wastewater, etc.) are
encouraged to apply. Responsibilities: Under the guidance of more
experienced designers and engineers, the candidate will:
- Prepare conceptual routes, layouts, preliminary designs as well
as detailed designs utilizing established guidelines and
specifications for transmission and distribution lines using
- Design transmission and distribution poles using PLS-CADD and
- Model and analyze existing transmission and distribution poles
to ensure they meet federal guidelines and client
- Prepare plan and profile sheets, staking sheets, bills of
materials, and stringing charts.
- Develop and modify design criteria utilizing industry standards
and/or client specifications.
- Develop and modify pole loading drawings, framing drawings, and
- Utilize LIDAR survey data to accurately reflect existing
terrain within the design model.
- Perform structure loading calculations.
- Perform As-Built revisions
- Attend meetings and job walks as necessary throughout the
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience
- Ability to prioritize work and manage tasks for multiple
projects under budget and time constraints.
- High level of personal initiative and ability to interact with
personnel, clients, and contractors.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and must be
proficient on the computer.
- Associate Degree or equivalent Technical College diploma from
an accredited engineering school is required. Commensurate work
experience may be used in lieu of degree requirements. Preferred:
- Experience with PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, SAG10, and any GIS/Mapping
programs are preferred. Compensation and Benefits: Ampirical offers
an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision;
STD, LTD, 401(k); life insurance, gym stipend, tuition
reimbursement, 10 paid holidays; two weeks' vacation; flexible work
schedule (to possibly include every other Friday off) and more.
Interested in Engineering Power-ful Solutions? Take a look at the
link below to see why working at Ampirical is much more than a
Keywords: Ampirical Solutions, LLC, Sacramento , Designer, Transmission Line, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!