Reserve Police Officer l/ll/lll
Company: CITY OF YUBA CITY
Location: Yuba City
Posted on: December 10, 2018
Salary: $2,400.67 - $3,000.40 Monthly
Location: POLICE STATION - 1545 Poole Blvd, Yuba City
Job Type: Part-time
Job Number: 2018-00029
Under immediate supervision, performs law enforcement and crime prevention work; enforces traffic regulations and does other related work as required. Incumbents in this class are assigned to assist the Police Department on a part-time basis. Incumbents assist in the augmentation of the full-time police force.Reserve Police Officer I: May be assigned to single unit police patrols and have powers and duties of regular full-time sworn Police Officer. Level I Reserve Officers must have completed the Police Department's FTO program.Reserve Police Officer II: May perform the duties of the Level III Reserve Officer without immediate supervision. A Level II Reserve Officer may also perform the Essential Functions listed below under the supervision of a Level I Reserve Officer or a Police Officer. Level II Reserve Officers must complete the City's FTO familiarization period which consists of 80 hours of training.Reserve Police Officer III: This is the entry level position that may perform the following duties for the duration of an assigned period of active duty, while being supervised in the accessible vicinity by a Level I Reserve Officer or a Police Officer.
Completion of high school or its equivalent, be at least 21 years of age and meet the following appropriate criteria. Reserve Police Officer I: Successful completion of Academy Modules I, II, III and the POST approved Field Training Officer (FTO) program at the Yuba City Police Department. Reserve Police Officer II: Completion and current status of Academy Modules II and III as required under the POST Program. Reserve Police Officer III: Completion and current status of Academy Module III as required under the POST Program.. Licenses and/or Certificates Required: Possession of a valid, appropriate California driver's license. Reserve Police Officer I: Possession of a valid POST Recruit Basic Course Certificate.
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDThe information above is a brief summary of job duties. Please visit for additional information regarding this position and employment with the City of Yuba City.
- You must demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
- Please complete ALL sections of the application. A résumé or other supplemental materials may be attached to your application, but will not be accepted in lieu of completing any part of the application. Blank applications that reference "see résumé" will be disqualified. Your resume and supplemental materials will not be considered as part of the initial screening process.
- Be sure to review your application prior to submission. No new or additional information will be accepted after the closing date.
- Application materials are the property of the City of Yuba City and will not be returned.
- It is your responsibility to keep your NEOGOV profile updated, including any changes to your telephone number and email address. Failure to do so may result in missed notification of exams or interviews.
Selection ProcessThe minimum qualifications as stated in this job announcement represent only the basic requirements of the position. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.The recruitment process involves multiple steps which may include but are not limited to:
- Video One-Way Interviews
- Speed Interviews
- Oral Panel Interviews
- Department Interviews
- Written Testing
- Physical Agility Testing – for Safety Positions
Please note: The entire recruitment process from recruitment opening date to start date could take 6 – 12 weeks for successful candidates.Final candidates must pass pre-employment screening which may include:
- Criminal Background Check
- Substance Screening
- Medical Evaluation
- Reference Check
Equal Employment OpportunityThe City of Yuba City does not discriminate on the basis of sex, religion, race, color, national origin, age, or disability in employment or the provision of service. Veterans, women, minorities and the disabled are encouraged to apply. EOE. The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department at least 72 hours in advance so such aids or services can be arranged. TTY users may contact Human Resources at (530) 822-4732. The provisions of this job announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provisions contained in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice. Questions Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Yuba City. If you have questions regarding this job announcement or the application process:
- For a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the NEOGOV application process, visit
- Visit the City of Yuba City website:
- Email the Human Resources Department at
- Call the Human Resources Department at (530) 822-4610
- Visit City Hall: 1201 Civic Center Blvd, Yuba City, CA 95993
About the City
The City of Yuba City is located in Sutter County, adjacent to the beautiful Feather River and at the base of the Sutter Buttes, the smallest mountain range in the world. Located just 40 miles north of Sacramento, Yuba City is the agricultural, economic and social center of the Yuba-Sutter Region. The area offers excellent outdoor activities such as hiking, boating, fishing, water skiing, hunting, biking, horseback riding, and is within comfortable driving distance of the Bay Area, Lake Tahoe, and other recreational areas.
Keywords: CITY OF YUBA CITY, Sacramento , Reserve Police Officer l/ll/lll, Other , Yuba City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!