Mechanical Assembler, HT Team
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Join the growing team at our world-class train manufacturing
facility in Sacramento, CA. Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock
Division is the North American market leader in the production of
passenger locomotives and coaches, and light rail vehicles. See
links below to learn more about Siemens Mobility:
As a Mechanical Assembler, you will support a broad range of
activities in a dynamic, high energy production environment in
final assembly of the best rail vehicles in the world.
What we are offering
Full time position
Starting pay - $17.00/hr. (plus shift premium - 10% for 2 nd shift,
20% for 3 rd shift)
11 paid holidays, 18 days PTO
401K - 6% company match
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
What you will be doing
--- Mechanical assembly of component parts and sub-assemblies into
finished rail vehicles according to engineering drawings,
specifications, and work instructions.
--- Read and understand assembly drawings, bills of materials, and
- Safely use hand and power tools.
- Certification for the use of some tools and equipment may be
required, such as crane, forklift and fall protection
- Complete work order documentation, quality documents, and
accurately clock labor hours.
- Meet company standards for quality and workmanship
--- Meet production schedule, quality requirements, and budgeted
labor hours with limited supervision.
--- Explain assembly procedures and techniques to fellow
--- Follow all safety requirements, including use of all required
personal protective equipment (PPE). Contribute to and maintain
conditions that ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
What you need to be successful
- High school education or GED
- Basic English skills - ability to read and understand written
instructions and effectively communicate verbally.
- General mechanical background.
We would be impressed if you have
- --- Basic understanding of metric system measurements.
- --- Previous experience in the assembly of large, complex
- Upon offer of employment, candidates will be subject to a
background check and drug screen.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
necessary to successfully perform the essential job duties:
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to climb, such as, but not limited to
stairs, steps, and ladders.
- Frequently required to work on elevated platforms.
- Performs work overhead.
- Talk and hear.
- Lift and move no more than 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Sacramento , Mechanical Assembler, HT Team, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!