Direct Service Professional - Avalon
Posted on: May 28, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:DescriptionTurning
Point of Central California, Inc.WE EXIST TO SERVE PEOPLE IN NEED.
Turning Point of Central California, Inc. was founded in 1970. For
over 50 years now, we have been transforming lives across the state
of California. From Mental Health to Community Corrections,
Children's Services, Housing Programs, Recovery Services, Substance
Abuse Disorders & more; we serve people in need. Our desire is to
see individuals reach their full potential, and create lasting
change that will stand the test of time. POSITION:Direct Service
890-3715BASE PAY:Class 115 ($17.85-$23.48/hour)STATUS:Full Time,
- Competitive compensation package
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and
vision and many other voluntary benefits
403b Tax Deferred Annuity Retirement fund
- Term life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- On the job training including paid professional development and
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the
individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- Mileage reimbursement for travel
- Qualified non-profit for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
(PSLF) Program We are a diverse, inclusive and equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national
origin, religion, creed, age (40+), disability status, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical
condition, genetic information, marital status, protected military
or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.JOB
SUMMARYThe Direct Service Professional reports to the Program
Director and is responsible for providing direct care services
specialized to assist residents of the program in achieving their
treatment goals, under the direct supervision of the Program
Director. -ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the accomplishment of the treatment plan for
residents, under the supervision of the Program Director.
- Maintain appropriate case recording documentation as per agency
and contract guidelines including actions of resident misbehavior
and rule violations.
- Transport patients to doctors' appointments and laboratories
- Conduct daily living skills sessions and socialization activity
- Attend staff meetings as required, including weekly supervision
meetings with the Program Director.
- Attend job-related conferences and also participate in a
variety of in-service trainings, seminars, and practicum.
- Participate in carrying out individual and group treatment
programs for residents and encourage resident participation in
- Motivate residents to develop self-reliance in daily
- Observe patient's physical condition and behavior, report
significant changes to the Program Director.
- Responsible for ensuring staffing ratio is at a minimum by
being able to work any and all shifts upon request.
- Respond to emergency health situations in appropriate manner as
defined by emergency first aid training.
- Thinks and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures,
including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work
related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety
risks for staff, clients and others.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility
of each employee at Turning Point. Employees are expected to report
to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working.
Employees also are expected to remain at work for their entire work
schedule. Late arrival, early departure or other absences from
scheduled hours are disruptive and must be avoided.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director. Please note
this job description is not designated to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required for the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Have six months prior experience providing direct care to
individuals with developmental disabilities
- Communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Ability to write acceptable progress reports required for
- Complete RBT Training and certification within 90 days of
- Complete DSP Year one within 6 months of employment and Year 2
within 1 year of employment.
- Complete and Maintain CPR/First Aid/Water Safety Certifications
within 30 days of employment.
- Work effectively with diverse ethnic, religious,
socio-economical, and professional groups.
- Competently provide direct services for Developmentally
Disabled residents of the facility.
- Understand and apply principles and techniques involved in the
care and treatment of individuals or groups of Developmentally
- Recognize contraindications, side-effects, and signs of
medication complications and report to the Program Director.
- Analyze potentially dangerous situations accurately and take
- Provide input to the Program Director and/or QBMP as relates to
the treatment programs for the residents.
- Understand and follow written and oral directions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
- Must be certified in emergency first aid procedures prior to
working alone with any client.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Office 365, Teams, Zoom and
other communication/meeting platforms.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a
dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and
operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization
is required. -
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general
physical, and TB test.
- COVID19 vaccination required prior to employment.
- Must maintain good relationships with current, future and past
employees, co-workers, vendors, third party administrators, and
others with whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to
them in a professional manner.
Keywords: Tpocc, Sacramento , Direct Service Professional - Avalon, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...