Welding Process Specialist
Posted on: May 24, 2023
R10015571 Welding Process Specialist (Open)
Sacramento, CA (Regional Office) - Cust. installations
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Annual Salary Range is 75k to 95k with Bonus and Car Allowance
Resource for Sales Department to assist with gaining and retaining
core business for Airgas USA, LLC through Cost Savings Engineering,
Shield Gas Selection, Weld Training, Technical Information, and
Automation Selection. The applicant shall be competent in the field
of welding and experienced in customer interaction.
- Expand the technical offering for Airgas industrial welding
gases, hardgoods, consumables, welding equipment, and safety
- Develop, and maintain relationships within the Airgas Northern
California and Nevada region in order to understand the market for
welding processes and metal fabrication.
- Support the region by providing assistance in design,
installation, start up and safety training of metal fabrication
- Conduct and assist with product demonstrations at promotional
events and exhibitions.
- Provide trouble shooting assistance, productivity and/or
quality improvement ideas to end-user customers.
- Generate new sales of cylinder gases by carrying out
demonstrations of our welding products.
- Increase customer retention and satisfaction by carrying out
appropriate technical stewardship of key accounts.
- Maximize account profitability by promoting our added value
products to both customers and prospects.
- Maintain Airgas' reputation and image as a quality supplier of
gases by providing sound technical and safety advice to customers
and prospects on all welding and cutting related activities.
- Contribute to the development and introduction of new products
for the fabrication market.
- Carry out welding training for sales representatives.
- Network with customers and local OEMs in metal fabrication
- Monitor competitor's activity in metal fabrication, utilizing
seminars, trade shows, advertising and other contacts and
information sources (i.e. manufacturers directories, professional
societies, trade organizations, distributors) to develop new
- Work closely with Red-D-Arc to develop a technical field
service organization to manage both preventative and ongoing
service work for our customers.
- Comply with all Airgas safety rules and company policies.
- Ensure proper and full time use of PPE.
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly and investigated
Are you a MATCH?
- BS degree in Engineering preferred or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in welding processes (GMAW, GTAW, SAW,
LW, etc.) and thermal cutting processes (oxyfuel, plasma, laser)
- Experience selling and servicing mechanized cutting systems,
robotics and other automated welding/cutting products
- Certified Welding Inspector certification (D1.1 or API)
- One or more of the following six Certifications-Preferred:
- CWI (Certified Welding Inspector),CWS (Certified Welding
- CWE (Certified Welding Educator)
- NCCER Instructor, Core & Welding (National Center for
Construction Education and Research)
- ASNT ACCP Level I, II or III,
- CWEng (Certified Welding Engineer)
- TQM, Lean, or Six Sigma background - preferred
- OSHA 10 Hour or OSHA 30 Hour card - preferred
- TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification) card -
- Associate Degree Welding (AAS), Military Weld training
acceptable or Bachelor's degree (Engineering) from a four-year
college or university - Preferred
- CWSR (Certified Welding Sales Representative) - preferred
- Membership within organizations such as AWS, ASM, ASNT, ASQ,
ASME and SME - preferred
- Must have extensive knowledge of the welding, cutting and
fabrication processes common to the Airgas customer base, including
but not limited to:
- Manual, semi-automated, and automated welding processes.
- Shielding gas applications.
- Cutting Applications (Laser, Plasma + Oxy-Fuel).
- Basic shop equipment used for punching, forming, bending, or
rolling of both plate and structural components.
- Interpretation of blue prints of at least an intermediate
level, including weld symbols.
- Basic takeoff and estimating techniques and rudimentary
- Knowledge of welding and power equipment from many different
- Working knowledge of bulk gas facilities and distribution
through manifolds, mixers and piping systems.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of metallurgy of steels,
testing of materials, heat treatments.
- Comprehensive understanding of electricity in relation to the
requirements of welding technology and also key electronic
components used in power sources.
- Ability to identify the different non-destructive testing and
- Must be highly proficient in crafts skills.
- Keep up to date knowledge of technology in welding/fabrication
- Must have presentation skills and confidence to permit selling
to high-level officers of customer companies and internally.
- Financial acumen for articulating ROC and other metrics
utilized by business professionals when considering capital
- Collaborative person able to effectively lead and influence
groups of diverse and autonomous people.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Team player with positive attitude towards other associates,
customers and work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
- PC skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internal
- Must hold a valid driver's license with appropriate level of
insurance as per company policy.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing applies.
- No relocation assistance will be offered.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: Airgas, Sacramento , Welding Process Specialist, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...