Company: City of Sacramento
Posted on: May 23, 2023
The City of Sacramento requires all newly appointed employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Candidates seeking an accommodation from this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
NON-CAREER PART TIME/SEASONAL
Employment dates for this position are from May to August, 2023
Under immediate supervision, provides general office support to the Business Services Manager; assists camp guests; handles retail purchase transactions at the camp store; and, assists staff with performing guest education and recreation activities.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Employees in this classification are non-career. Incumbents can work up to 1040 hours per year. Supervision is provided by the Camp Business Manager. This classification may supervise lower level personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform related duties as needed.
* Greet and assist guests with reservation check-in.
* Answer phone, take messages, provide information, answer camper concerns, and direct guests to lodging.
* Explain camp rules and procedures.
* Maintain guest registration, lodge inventory, and office supply records.
* Operate cash register, collect, and count money.
* Operate computer and computer software for guest reservation and updating records.
* Follow staff policies and procedures.
* May supervise lower level staff.
* May assist in campground educational activities and special events/activities.
* Principles of customer service and proper telephone contact practices.
* Principles of supervision and training.
* Basic filing and recordkeeping
* Basic mathematical principles.
* Use of modern office equipment, computer, and software programs to communicate, access information and/or prepare documentation.
* Provide excellent customer service.
* Interact with staff and public in a professional manner.
* Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the course of business.
* Schedule, train, and evaluate the work of lower level staff.
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
* Read, write, and speak the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be at least 18 years old by time of appointment.
If considered for appointment, candidates must:
* Pass a physical exam and a criminal background check.
* Pass a tuberculosis screening test.
* Successful candidates must participate in a mandatory staff training that is typically conducted in late May or early June of each year.
* This position is designated as a Mandatory Reporter; completion of Mandatory Reporter training is required within two weeks of appointment.
Successful candidates must provide their own transportation to the Camp Sacramento site.
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License at the time of appointment. Loss of the Class C License is cause for discipline. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are typically required of an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work duties typically involve walking, bending, and stooping; and, lifting and carrying materials and objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Employees must be able to work outside in various types of weather, terrains, and elevations; exposed to cold weather conditions.
Camp Sacramento is situated in the Eldorado National Forest located in Twin Bridges, California. Employees are required to reside at Camp Sacramento May to August, with the possibility to extend through September. Employees in this position are required to work weekend and night shifts. THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can alsobeaccessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) - All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application by the final filing deadline;
* Employment applications must be submitted online; paper applications will not be accepted.
* Employment applications will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified:
* If applicants do not list current and past job-related experience in the duties area of the "Work Experience" section. Note: Qualifying experience is based on full-time experience (40 hours per week). Qualifying experience is calculated to the full-time equivalent (pro-rated if less than 40 hours/week).
* If "see resume" is noted in the "Work Experience" section; a resume will not substitute for the information required in the "Work Experience" section.
Proof of education such as, but not limited to, university/college transcripts and degrees should be submitted online with your application. Proof of education will be required at time of appointment.Proof of certification and/or license should be submitted online with your application. Proof of certification and/or license will be required at time of appointment.Position/job titles will not be considered in determining eligibility for meeting the minimum qualifications for this position.Supplemental documents such as resume, cover letter, and proof of education are highly preferred and recommended at the time of application submission. Documents should be submitted to the City of Sacramento Employment Office as attachment(s) via online with the employment application, emailed to email@example.com, or by FAX to (916) 596-1556. If submitting via FAX/email, please include your name and Job #009025-23-YPCEon your documents.
2. Supplemental Questionnaire:(Pass/Fail) - In addition to the City of Sacramento employment application, all applicants must complete and submit online responses to the supplemental questionnaire:
* Responses to the supplemental questionnaire must be submitted online; paper questionnaire will not be accepted.
* Incomplete supplemental questionnaire will not pass the review process; omitted information cannot be considered or assumed.
* A resume will not substitute for the information required in the supplemental questionnaire.
* Possession of the minimum qualifications is not necessarily a guarantee of further advancement in the selection process.
3.Screening Committee: (Pass/Fail)-All applications received by the final filing deadline will be forwarded to the hiring department for review. The hiring department will select the most competitive applications for further consideration. Human Resources will only evaluate employment applications for the minimum qualifications, as stated on the job announcement, for applications selected by the hiring department.
4. Interview Process: Human Resources will forward applications to the hiring department. Those determined to be the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview process.
5.Conditional Hire:Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete and passLiveScan/fingerprinting; and provide proof of receiving a complete COVID-19 vaccination.If applicable, candidates may also need to pass a pre-employment medical exam, controlled substance and/or alcohol test, and possess any required licensure or certification prior to receiving a start date from the Department. Failure to meet these prerequisites will be grounds for withdrawal of your conditional offer of employment.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process:
* Please visithttps://www.governmentjobs.com/Home/ApplicationGuide for a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the application process.
* For technical support between 6 AM - 5 PM PT, contact Live Applicant Support at (855) 524-5627.
* Visit the City of Sacramento Human Resources Department website athttp://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities;
* Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org;or
* Call the Human Resources Department at (916) 808-5726
Keywords: City of Sacramento, Sacramento , Camp Host, Other , Sacramento, California
here to apply!