Company: Government jobs
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The City of Sacramento requires all newly appointed employees to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Candidates seeking an accommodation from this requirement will be
considered on a case-by-case basis.
Under supervision, to perform general clean-up and maintenance
tasks. Delivers and operates miscellaneous equipment as
Employees in this classification are non-career.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Immediate supervision is provided by higher level personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Dependent upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited
to the following:
- Sweeps, cleans, and maintains buildings and other facilities.
- Performs janitorial and ground maintenance.
- Disinfects and scrubs toilet facilities and showers.
- Assists in maintaining the City's water, sewer, and flood control
system by picking up debris, clearing weeds, cleaning tanks,
sedimentation basins, and screens.
- Prepares baseball and softball fields for games.
- Delivers and operates equipment.
- Assists in maintaining pool facilities.
- Assists as necessary in special programs relating to recreation
- Performs related work as required. QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform a variety of physically demanding cleaning and
maintenance tasks for extended periods of time.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Work day shift, night shift, and weekends.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and
the general public.
Some assignments may require a valid California Class C Driver
License. THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of
communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure
you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your
e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail
notifications can also be accessed through the governmentjobs.com
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) - All applicants must complete and
submit online a City of Sacramento employment application by the
final filing deadline;
- Employment applications must be submitted online; paper
applications will not be accepted.
- Employment applications will be considered incomplete and will
- If applicants do not list current and past job-related
experience in the duties area of the "Work Experience" section.
Note: Qualifying experience is based on 40 hours per week
(pro-rated if less than 40 hours/week).
- If "see resume" is noted in the "Work Experience" section; a
resume will not substitute for the information required in the
"Work Experience" section.
- Position/job titles will not be considered in determining
eligibility for meeting the minimum qualifications for this
- Supplemental documents such as resume, cover letter, and proof
of education are highly preferred and recommended at the time of
application submission. Documents should be submitted to the City
of Sacramento Employment Office as attachment(s) via online with
the employment application, emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org, or by FAX to (916) 596-1556. If
submitting via FAX/email, please include your name and Job #
009011-22-YPCE-4 on your documents.
2. Supplemental Questionnaire: (Pass/Fail) - In addition to the
City of Sacramento employment application, all applicants must
complete and submit online responses to the supplemental
questionnaire to the City of Sacramento Employment Office by the
final filing deadline;
- Responses to the supplemental questionnaire must be submitted
online; paper questionnaire will not be accepted.
- Incomplete supplemental questionnaire will not pass the review
process; omitted information cannot be considered or assumed.
- A resume will not substitute for the information required in
the supplemental questionnaire.
3. Screening Committee: (Pass/Fail) - All applications received by
the final filing deadline will be forwarded to the hiring
department for review. The hiring department will select the most
competitive applications for further consideration. Human Resources
will only evaluate employment applications for the minimum
qualifications, as stated on the job announcement, for applications
selected by the hiring department.
4. Hiring Interview: Those candidates determined to be the MOST
QUALIFIED will be invited to participate in an interview process
coordinated by the hiring department. There will be no eligible
list established, as positions will be seasonal and/or part-time. A
hiring interview is not guaranteed.
5. Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the
selected candidate must complete and pass LiveScan/fingerprinting
and provide proof of receiving a complete COVID-19 vaccination. If
applicable, candidates may also need to pass a pre-employment
medical exam, controlled substance and/or alcohol test, and possess
any required licensure or certification prior to receiving a start
date from the Department. Failure to meet these prerequisites will
be grounds for withdrawal of your conditional offer of
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application
- Please visit
https://www.governmentjobs.com/Home/ApplicationGuide for a
comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the application process.
- For technical support between 6 AM - 5 PM PT, contact Live
Application Support at 855-524-5627.
- Visit the City of Sacramento Human Resources Department website
- Send an email to email@example.com; or
- Call the Human Resources Department at (916) 808-5726
This position does not have Benefits.
Pension Reform Act
The City of Sacramento is covered by the California Public
Employees' Retirement System, and as such, must adhere to the
California Public Employee's Pension Reform Act (PEPRA) of 2013.
Please note that the provisions within this act may affect or
impact an applicant's eligibility and/or selection for open
vacancies at the City of Sacramento.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Sacramento is an equal opportunity employer to all,
regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and
physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave,
gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information,
marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status,
national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex
(includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical
conditions), and sexual orientation.
01 APPLICATION: I understand my application must meet the minimum
qualifications for consideration of employment with the City of
Sacramento. The experience I list in the duties area of the "Work
Experience" section of the employment application along with
supplemental questions will be used to determine if I meet the
minimum qualifications as stated on the job announcement. A resume,
responses to the supplemental questions requiring a narrative
response, employment history listed elsewhere in the application or
attachments will not substitute for the information required in the
"Work Experience" section of the employment application.
Position/job titles will not be considered in determining
eligibility for meeting the minimum qualifications for this
position. Note: Qualifying experience is based on 40 hours per week
(pro-rated if less than 40 hours/week). Please refer to the City of
Sacramento's Applicant Resources Page for Screening Instructions:
02 SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE: The answers to the questions below
will be reviewed by the hiring department along with the
information provided in your employment application. Therefore,
your answers must be consistent with your employment application
information (especially in the "Education" and "Work Experience"
sections), must be unambiguous, and must contain sufficient but
concise detail and organization. A resume will not be accepted in
lieu of completing this Supplemental Questionnaire. Lack of
clarity, incomplete or inconsistent information, and/or
disorganized presentation may negatively affect the hiring
department's review of your Supplemental Questionnaire. I
understand and agree to the above instructions.
03 I understand that Utility Worker positions are seasonal and/or
part-time. I am willing to accept an assignment under these
conditions and am available to work as needed.
04 Utility Workers are utilized in various programs and/or
divisions. There are various shifts throughout the day. REVIEW THE
FOLLOWING OPTIONS AND MARK THE BOX(ES) THAT SHOW YOUR AVAILABILITY.
- I am available to work any shift
- Mornings, Mon-Fri
- Afternoons, Mon-Fri
- Evenings, Mon-Fri
- Mornings, Sat & Sun
- Afternoons, Sat & Sun
- Evenings, Sat & Sun
05 I prefer to work in the following geographical area(s): Note
that answering this question does not guarantee that you will be
placed in the preferred area.
06 This job posting will be utilized to fill Utility Worker
positions within a variety of divisions in the Youth, Parks, &
Community Enrichment department. Please mark the area(s) that you
are interested in. (Answering this question does not guarantee that
you will be placed in the preferred area).
- Aquatics - Utility workers in the Aquatics Section perform a
variety of duties specific to aquatics including cleaning of pools,
testing water quality, cleaning of facilities and restrooms, and
light on site landscaping.
- Community Centers - Utility workers in Community Centers are an
important member of a center's beautification team. Duties include
cleaning and monitoring facilities and events, providing customer
service to guests, and setting up and taking down meetings and
event's needs. This position performs a variety of physical
- Permitting and Events - Utility workers in in the Permitting
and Special Events Division work to load, deliver and set up event
related equipment in support of the Mayor, Council Members and
other City of Sacramento sponsored events. Permitting and Special
Events utility workers primarily perform physical work (ability to
lift 60lbs.) outdoors in parks, primarily on weekends and evenings,
must be at least 18, and have a California Class C Driver's
07 Please indicate the areas you have experience. Check all boxes
- Special Events (if checked, please provide brief description in
the next question)
- Setting up furnishings and equipment for special events and
- Custodial work
- Customer Service
- Testing of swimming pool water chemistry
- Cleaning and vacuuming swimming pools
- Light landscaping duties
- Operating gas-powered water pressure sprayers
- Operating gas-powered leaf blowers
- Operating gas-powered weed trimmers
- Loading and driving a pickup truck
08 If you checked "Special Events" in the previous question, please
provide a brief description of your experience. (If you did not
check "Special Events" in the previous question, please type
* Required Question
Keywords: Government jobs, Sacramento , Utility Worker, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!