Occupational Therapist (OT)
Company: ProHealth Home Care Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Prohealth Home Care is seeking an empathetic Occupational Therapist
(OT) who will aim to make a positive difference in our community.
Our focus is to provide skilled and dignified care in the comforts
of their home while providing emotional support to our patients and
their families.Currently hiring for a Occupational Therapist for
Sacramento, CA with multiple openings.
- Flexible Schedule - schedule your own visits
- Prohealth has 4 office locations servicing the Santa Clara,
Contra Costa, Alameda, San Joaquin, and Sacramento area.
About the CompanyProhealth is a locally owned Home Health, Hospice
& Palliative Care agency with 4 locations serving over 12 counties
in Northern California. We maintain an average daily census of over
1800 patients. Being an industry leader for over 16 years, we pride
ourselves in providing exceptional clinical care with compassion to
our patients. Our patient focused care model provides personalized
care, ranging from nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy,
speech therapy, and even registered dietitian. ProHealth is making
the strive to be the innovator in Home Health Care in Northern
California!For more information visit our website
(http://www.prohealthhomecare.com) or to join our family oriented
team with excellent growth opportunities & career advancement, call
or email (hr@prohealthhomecare . com)Occupational Therapist
- Competitive pay
- Paid Training
- Company Appreciation Events
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Vision and Dental)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Educational Assistance (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Leadership Development
- Generous Paid vacation, Sick time and Holiday pay
- Referral bonus
- Performance bonus
Occupational Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluates the patient's functional status (muscle function,
endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication
skills, self care ability, work capacity, etc.). Evaluates home
environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
Identifies equipment needs. Participates in the development of the
total plan of care.
- For patients who plan to return to work, the occupational
therapist may perform work capacity evaluation and may refer to
specialized vocational training in accordance with Organization
- Develops a treatment program and establishes goals for improved
function. Communicates plan of care to referring physicians and
other Organization professionals.
- May teach new skills or re-train patient in once familiar daily
activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in
accordance with Organization policy,
- May fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of
various types of adaptive equipment to improve function,
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and
reports to the physician any changes in the patient's condition.
Submits these records in accordance with Organization
- Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved
in the patient's care to promote coordinated, efficient
- Attends and contributes to inservices, case conferences, and
other meetings as required by Organization policy to ensure
coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients of the
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home
health services and refers as appropriate.
- Instructs the patient's family/caregiver and other Organization
health care personnel in the patient's treatment regime when
indicated and appropriate.
- Supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants according
to organization policy and state regulations,
- When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises
and evaluates home health aide care every two (2) weeks.
- Participates in discharge planning for patients.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Occupational Therapist Qualifications:
- Graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited
jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and
Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American
Occupational Therapy Association.
- Registered with the National Registration Examination of the
American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Two years of clinical experience as an occupational
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Valid CA Driver's license
Apply Today!!FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Full-Time and/or
Part-TimeLOCATION: Sacramento, CAEOE STATEMENT: We are an equal
employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: ProHealth Home Care Inc, Sacramento , Occupational Therapist (OT), Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!