Electrical Foreman LVL 5
Company: Rex Moore
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job DetailsJob Location: Rex Moore - Sacramento - Sacramento,
CAPosition Type: Full TimeJob Shift: DayTravel Percentage: Up to
25% DESCRIPTION: Depending on the nature of the contract, Rex Moore
Electrical Contractors & Engineers is either a Prime Contractor or
a Sub Contractor. In most cases the company is a Sub Contractor
working under contract with the General Contractor. The Foreman is
responsible for developing and maintaining a good working
relationship with the General Contractor and the other Sub
Contractors working on the project. The Foreman is also responsible
for coordinating the schedules with the General Contractors and the
other Subcontractor's.The Foreman will also be dealing with
Architects, Engineers, Designers, the Owner and/or their
representatives. It is also the Foreman's responsibility to develop
and maintain a good working relationship with these people as well,
and to represent the company by showing respect and belief in the
common goal of everyone, to get the job done on time and within
budget. Remember, the General Contractor and Owner are our
customers, treat them like you expect to be treated when you are a
customer. Essential responsibilities with percentage of
importance:35%ENSURE PROJECTS ARE COMPLETED ON TIME, ON SCHEDULE,
AND WITHIN BUDGET.
- Order and coordinate deliveries, handling, storage, inspection,
and placement of materials and equipment on the job site with the
Purchasing Agent and Project Coordinator.
- Coordinate various inspections and tests with the Project
- Schedule and attend any job site meetings with the Owner,
General Contractor, Engineer, Architect, etc.
- Schedule and conduct job site meetings and job site safety
- Set goals for yourself and for the crew. Hire and terminate
field personnel as required.
- Inform the Project Manager of any job site problems.
- Review job cost reports with the Project Manager and
- Review and update the project schedule on a weekly basis, three
weeks into the future.
- Develop and utilize two to three week short term
schedules.20%PLAN PROJECTS TO MINIMIZE DELAYS AND START-UP TIME AND
TO ENSURE A SMOOTHLY RUN PROJECT
- Attend Job Start-Up Meetings with the Project Manager,
Estimator, Engineer, and Project Coordinator to plan all activities
ahead of time.
- Check that all initial project documentation is in place prior
to start-up (i.e. blueprints, contract documents, start-up meeting
notes, schedule and the project budget).
- Develop initial schedules with the Project Manager, Estimator,
and the Superintendent.
- Schedule all subcontractor activities and know the scope of all
- Review all project plans and specifications prior to all
- Determine crew size with the Project Manager and the
- Provide input to Estimating where necessary.
- Develop and prepare cost analyses and production evaluations
for comparison with the estimate.PERFORM ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES OF
THE PROJECT IN A TIMELY AND CORRECT MANNER.
- Fill out and turn in all paperwork on time including safety
meeting reports, packing slips, AWA's, Change Order information and
documentation, and accident and/or injury reports.
- Complete a Daily Job Journal each day without delay or
- Be sure that all documents in the job binder are updated and
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date "as-built" plans.15%ENSURE ALL
WORK IS PERFORMED IN A QUALITY MANNER AND THAT THE JOB APPEARANCE
- Monitor all work and make sure it complies with the plans and
- See that all employees and subcontractors work in a safe and
- Supervise and document all job site safety meetings
- Inspect the job site daily to be sure that all crew members
perform clean-up duties regularly.10%DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN ALL
RELATIONSHIPS WITH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL PERSONNEL IN SUCH A MANNER
AS TO PROMOTE A POSITIVE COMPANY IMAGE AND TO MINIMIZE ANY
LIABILITIES LATER ON.
- Hire and terminate temporary operators, craftsmen, and
- Evaluate the performance of the individual members of your
- See that all company policies and procedures are enforced.
- Identify and resolve any problems or conflicts with the General
Contractor or the other Sub Contractors.
- Maintain a good relationship with the Owner, General
Contractor, Engineer, Architect, and the other Sub Contractors on
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of high morale and team work
among the crew members.Secondary responsibilities:Assist the
Project Manager in submittal review processWhen necessary, ensure
that all new employees have filled out all new-hire paperwork
completely and correctly.Skills Required:
- SEE COMPETENCY HANDBOOK NOTES TO ALL LEVELS:
- The budget will be set at the beginning of the project and will
establish estimated prime cost. If a project has an error in the
estimate a budget adjustment may be made and the adjusted budget
will be the established prime cost to meet or beat.
- Simultaneously managed projects may be cumulative to establish
- Difficulty of projects will also be used as a factor in
- Project size is used as a guideline only and is based on 30% of
the budget being labor.REPORTING STRUCTURE:The Foreman will report
to the Superintendent and Project Manager of Rex Moore Group,
Inc.CAREER ADVANCEMENT: Career advancement at Rex Moore is possible
with all positions, but not guaranteed, and could be within the
current department as well as other departments within the
company.LOCATION: Rex Moore has branch offices located in
Sacramento, Fresno and Hayward, CA.COMPENSATION: Rex Moore pays
hourly/salary rates commensurate with each employees knowledge,
experience and skill level.EOEPM22 #LI-AC1PI201958646
Keywords: Rex Moore, Sacramento , Electrical Foreman LVL 5, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!