Company: Native Hawaiian Veterans
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Cayuse Technologies launched in 2006 as a US-based alternative
to offshore technology delivery centers, providing information
technology solutions and subject matter expertise to our clientele.
Cayuse focuses on federal markets and missions, and is an SBA
tribal 8(a) certified company. Cayuse brings significant past
performance and excellent CPARS to its clients at an exceptionally
competitive price. Cayuse's 41,000 sq. ft. technology delivery
center is fully redundant and prepared to meet the needs of
government. Our clients include DHS, DHA, DoS, USMC, US Army,
HHS/Indian Health Service, Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian
Affairs, Bureau of Indian Education, among many more.
The CDFA's mission is to serve the citizens of California by
promoting and protecting a safe, healthy food supply, and enhancing
local and global agricultural trade, through efficient management,
innovation, and sound science, with a commitment to environmental
stewardship. The CDFA Office of Information Technology Services
(OITS) supports this mission by providing comprehensive IT services
including critical maintenance, operations, and the development and
implementation of new solutions and services.
* Evaluate identified security solutions against security
requirement gaps and findings.
* Recommend new or additional security solutions to meet full
* Independently collaborate, plan, and lead security solution
implementation with CDFA staff.
* Fully document security solutions' requirements and standards,
implementation and test plans, configuration specifications and
details, and operational procedures, guides, and manuals.
* Ensure maintenance and operational procedures are understood and
followed by CDFA staff.
* Adhere to organizational policies and procedures in implementing
* Develop accurate, comprehensive deliverables using Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and Project.
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication
skills including telephone and presentation skills.
* Strong information security knowledge.
* Work a flexible schedule when needed, which may include evenings
* Perform analysis and validate SAM and SIMM compliancy of
identified IT security solutions ("solutions").
* Identify alternate solutions to fully meet any missing
requirements as appropriate.
Lead and direct implementation, testing, maintenance, and operation
of solutions with CDFA staff.
* Fully document solutions' requirements and standards,
architectural designs, implementation, and test plans,
configuration specifications and details, and operational
procedures, guides, and manuals.
* Elicit and document technical, security, and system
* Develop technical standards, guidelines, and best practices
* Document technical and security architecture
* Provide technical team leadership and direction
* Lead development of deliverables that align with
* Build quality and security into deliverables
* Research and develop technical recommendations
* Manage day-to-day team tasks and activities
* Baccalaureate-level degree in relevant technical specialty, such
as computer science, management information systems, computer
engineering, software engineering. Additional qualifying experience
may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year
* A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively complex work
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in security system
analysis and configuration, ensuring compliance with requirements
in the California State Administrative Manual (SAM) Chapter 5300
and all sub-sections and external references, and the Statewide
Information Management Manual (SIMM) 5300 and all sub-sections and
* A minimum of five (5) years of progressively complex work
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in security
system/solution design, documentation, and implementation for a
California State governmental entity, assuring
compliance to the California State Administrative Manual (SAM)
Chapter 5300 and all sub-sections and external references, and the
Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM) 5300 and all
sub-sections and external references.
* A minimum of three (3) successful contracted security system
support engagements for configuration, implementation, and
optimization of at least four (4) different following security
* Azure MFA
* CrowdStrike Falcon
* Ivanti Password Director
* KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training
* Microsoft Intune
* Portnox CLEAR and/or Cloud NAC
* SolarWinds NPM, SAM, and/or UDT
* Tenable.sc and/or Tenable.io
* A minimum of five (5) years of experience documenting security
system/solution configuration, implementation, testing,
maintenance, and support procedures.
* A minimum of two (2) successful contracted security system
implementation engagements for planning, configuration,
implementation, and optimization of an alternate processing,
storage, and telecommunications site compliant with SAM Sections
5325.4, 5325.5, and 5325.6 requirements.
* At least three (3) years of experience and Intermediate-level
skills in the following:
* Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform
* Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022)
installation, configuration, and customization
* Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall installation,
configuration, and customization
* VMware vCenter/vSphere installation, configuration, and
* Experience documenting and implementing security solutions to
comply with established state standards.
Cayuse and our family of companies are 100% Indian Small Business
Economic Enterprises (ISBEE) wholly owned by the Confederated
Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR). Specifically,
within our Government Operations, we offer diverse business lines
and workforce while providing solutions for federal, state, and
local clients throughout the world. Cayuse's comprehensive program
management, mission support, and technology solutions are ideally
positioned to help our clients advance their goals.
Keywords: Native Hawaiian Veterans, Sacramento , Security Engineer, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!