Associate Dean, Faculty
Company: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Opportunity at a GlanceChamberlain College of Nursing is
committed to providing quality and accessible nursing education.
Most nursing schools incorporate tools for building nurse-patient
relationships into their curricula, but Chamberlain has gone a step
further and made care of students a part of the educational
culture. Chamberlain believes that extraordinary care of nursing
students is more likely to lead to extraordinary patient and family
care.If you share in this belief and model behaviors of care,
respect and professionalism, creating a culture that fosters
collaboration, cooperation and respect among all, the position of
Associate Dean of Nursing Faculty might be right for you. The
Associate Dean provides leadership for all campus level faculty to
ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an
environment and manner that achieves superior student outcomes
while ensuring the concept of Chamberlain Care.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and on-boarding -of
qualified faculty and staff and monitor and evaluate their ongoing
- Ensure learning experiences align with the BSN curriculum and
collaborate with national team to support implementation.
- Collaborate with national academic committees to ensure that
appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Create plans for student success in all learning areas,
including student retention, graduation rates and NCLEX pass
- Focus on student satisfaction and work collaboratively with the
local and national partners to achieve superior student
- Ensure that course resources and course assessment data are
evaluated each session and provide recommendations to improve
campus student success plans.
- Support faculty with timely and effective implementation of
changes that address evolving needs of students and ensure delivery
of course and/or program outcomes.
- Ensure faculty are oriented and accountable to teaching and
learning best practices through regular evaluation/feedback.
- Serve as a faculty and staff mentor in areas of academic
excellence, customer service, collaboration with local and national
partners, communication and professionalism.
- Create and monitor a well-defined process for campus faculty
participation expectations in national course advisory councils,
ensuring that the faculty are providing feedback and making
curriculum delivery decisions.
- Solicit recommendations from faculty and staff for academic
budget. Collaborate with campus leadership and national partners to
prepare capital requests for learning areas as necessary.
- Support faculty and clinical coordination teams for clinical
placement of nursing students to meet program objectives.
- Ensure regular meetings of the faculty and comprehensive
academic team to facilitate communication and faculty participation
in planning, implementing and evaluating the curriculum.
- Assign faculty and academic team workloads.
- Support national academic team in consistent execution of core
CAS programs and developing local programing (when necessary) to
support student success.
- Collaborate with national library staff for management of local
- Monitor and analyze student academic success data to identify
recommendations to improve delivery of curriculum and engage
student success interventions.
- Responsible for teaching up to three courses per year.
- Complete other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Masters degree in nursing, Doctorate degree in nursing or
credit toward -doctorate degree preferred.
- Unencumbered Professional nursing license.
- Minimum of two years experience in nursing education at the
Bachelor level or above.
- Development/participation in simulation/clinical experiences
- Three to five years in acute patient care/trauma/emergency
and/or medical-surgical environments considered a plus.
- Above average competency in Microsoft Suite of products.
- Previous leadership experience with the ability to lead, direct
and advise faculty.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to
interact with all levels: students, faculty and staff.EEOWe are
proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome
everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and
inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic
selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we
do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.Who We
AreChamberlain University -has a 130-year history and the mission
to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals
who advance the health of people, families, communities, and
nations. Were 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni
armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a
difference in todays complex healthcare environment. By living
Chamberlain Care, weve built a culture in which colleagues and
students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare
professionals who transform the health of people worldwide. -Our
regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of
Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of
Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
program at 23 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs
and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of
Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of
Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers
online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health
Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn
more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global
Education, at -www.chamberlain.edu. -Commitment to Diversity and
InclusionWe pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages
everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us,
diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We
dont just welcome differences, we celebrate them. -#WeAreAdtalem
-To learn more about our commitment to -Diversity and Inclusion,
-click here -to visit our Diversity page.
Keywords: Chamberlain College of Nursing, Sacramento , Associate Dean, Faculty, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!