EJD Retail Sales Specialist - Sacramento, CA
Company: Ace Hardware
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Emery Jensen Distribution is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ace
Hardware Corporation that distributes hardware & home improvement
products to the independent Pro Lumber, Paint, Hardware, and
E-retailer customer segments.
This field-based Retail Sales Specialist role that will assist in
driving sales through effective merchandising, stocking, order
writing, executing retail pricing, overseeing store conversion
programs, maintaining and communicating all POG changes related to
retail execution with and to the Sales Director, Territory
(Account) Manager and the Customer(s).
This position will be responsible to service accounts in
- Effective merchandising of planograms that result in increased
inventory turns and sales results.
- Maintain exemplary relations with store personnel and
management that drives Emery Jensen's value proposition.
- Walk floor, inspect Emery Jensen sets, merchandise and stock
product as necessary.
- Execute and maintain store level resets in accordance with
store/TM/Sales Director expectations that maximize sales results
- Create space on planograms (POGs) and place new products in
existing sets that drive incremental sales per square foot.
- Implement advertising drops
- Assist buyers and store employees to help drive retail sales
and turns with EJD products.
- Ensure orders are accurate, complete, and transition from
receiving area to floor selling space in a timely manner. Document
any miss picks and shipping issues.
- Diagnose, research, and answer questions regarding ordering and
- Provide customer feedback related to Emery Jensen's packing and
shipping performance from the RSC through delivery.
- Document customer input regarding shipper performance and
attitude, product performance, item scanning issues, reset order
- Verify all items needed for POG are represented and properly
located. Order any missing SKUs.
- Correct inventory information as needed.
- Ensure customer pricing labels are present and in proper
- Identify deleted items and implement rollover or replacement
- Check graphics and POP material as applicable.
- Recommend needed changes in the product presentation
- Follow up on any special requests made and communicated results
to Territory or Account Manager.
- Write orders for specific categories to be approved by
- Assist stores with credits and claims.
- Attends new store openings and special store events.
- Execute price shops as required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES :
- Minimum 3 years of retail or customer service experience or
bachelor's degree with minimum 1 years of retail experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications
skills with customers and colleagues
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized self-starter able to
thrive is a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, solve problems and
- Ability to work autonomously and accomplish objectives in
active store environment.
- Ability to climb a ladder, carry 35lbs and put away stock
- Preferred residence in Sacramento, CA.
$45000 - $55000
Why should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love,
Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility.
Love. You don't often see values like these in most corporate
statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us.
They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace
retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace / Emery
Jensen Distribution also offers competitive benefits* that address
life's necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year
after year, including:
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid
company growth over the past 2 years resulted in incentives being
paid out above 125% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match at
4% of eligible earnings (from day 1 of your first
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and
disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your
- 21 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the
- Company Car, phone and fuel card are provided for field-based
- Flexible working arrangements (Non-Field positions can work
from home up to 2 days per week)
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It's a chance to be
part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses
thrive and make an impact in their communities - and we support our
employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week,
20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your
choice, opportunities to help Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on
development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led
courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a
performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual
- We know the work environment matters. That's why Ace holds
frequent campus events like Employee Appreciation Week, vendor
demos, cookouts, and merchandise sales
- We bring them to you! Services such as mobile spas, auto
maintenance, car wash and detailing, dry cleaning, dentists, eye
doctors, flu shots, recycling and more!
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands
like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel,
fitness, computers and thousands more
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - access to free visits to
therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and
childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
- Identity theft protection
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies.
We want to hear from you!
Emery Jensen Distribution delivers wholesale products and
best-in-class service to independent retailers in the Pro Lumber
Yards, Home Centers, Paint, Hardware Stores, Decorating Stores, and
E-retailer space. Our goal is to support sustainable and profitable
growth for our customers by offering the broadest assortments, best
pricing, and most knowledgeable team. We have national scale, a
regional focus and the commitment to serve our customers and
support each other. Come find out why a career with Emery Jensen
Distribution is right for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emery Jensen Distribution, a subsidiary of Ace Hardware, is
committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities.
The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging
the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of
each individual and the organization. The company is committed to
the prevention of employment discrimination related to race,
religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender
identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and
military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action
covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job
posting, but could be higher based on education and experience.
Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and
circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the
minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an
individual's education, training and experience, the position's
work location, required travel (if any), and external market
conditions when determining the final salary for potential new
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job
boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range
offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position
description for the accurate starting pay range information and
feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if
you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written "Position Description" is not intended to cover all
aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the
basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace
Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties,
including essential job functions, according to business necessity.
Associated topics: account coordinator, account executive, account
management, clientele, sales associate, sales representative,
sample, selling, store, vendors wanted
Keywords: Ace Hardware, Sacramento , EJD Retail Sales Specialist - Sacramento, CA, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!