Medical Assistant II, Family Medicine
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Organization: SMF-Sutter Med Foundation- Central Position
Overview: -Provides clinical and clerical support to providers and
members of the patient care team(s) by performing a variety of back
office and patient-related tasks supporting the delivery of
high-quality patient care. Helps ensure smooth patient and workflow
within the department and assists the patient care team in
implementing the medical plan of care. Integrates education,
technical competence, and patient interaction skills to gain
confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support
group, and other healthcare providers. Performs all duties under
the direction of a clinician. May be asked to cover the front desk
and perform front desk duties as needed. Job Description:
- HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
(GED) or equivalent education/experience
- Other: Completion of a course of study consistent with the
requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical
Board of California.
- OR Other: Equivalent Sutter Health Training program.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- 1 year requires basic clinical and practical experience as
typically acquired in a similar environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of various medical procedures, views, and
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Competent and validated in basic Medical Assisting skills such
as taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, and
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and electronic health record
(EHR). Job Shift: Days Schedule: Full Time Shift Hours: 9 Days of
the Week: Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday Weekend
Requirements: None Benefits: Yes Unions: No Position Status:
Non-Exempt Weekly Hours: 40 Employee Status: Regular Number of
Openings: 0 Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity
employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans. Schedule/Shift: Regular/
Keywords: Sutter Health, Sacramento , Medical Assistant II, Family Medicine, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!