Air Pollution Specialist
Company: California Energy Commission
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The California Energy Commission's (CEC) Special Projects Unit
in the ZEV Acceleration Branch of the Fuels and Transportation
Division (FTD) seeks an Air Pollution Specialist to join its staff
and work on zero-emission vehicle infrastructure planning and
deployment for the CEC. FTD administers the Clean Transportation
Program, which is investing more than $1 billion to accelerate the
deployment of zero-emission transportation infrastructure, support
in-state manufacturing, and workforce training and development. The
successful candidate applies scientific methods and principles in
the identification, study, and solution of air pollution problems
related to mobile sources.
Minimum Qualifications:Equivalent to graduation from college with a
major in the physical, biological, or environmental sciences,
mathematics, engineering, or a related field. (Registration as a
senior in a recognized institution will admit applicants to the
examination, but they must produce evidence of graduation or its
equivalent before they can be considered eligible for
- Ability to think critically and develop creative solutions to
problems in zero-emission vehicle charging and refueling
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with or in
transportation related sectors, including but not limited to ZEV
infrastructure deployment and planning.
- Demonstrated ability in designing grant funding solicitations
and contract management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including
effective writing and editing for both technical and non-technical
audiences; ability to communicate observations, results, and
recommendations verbally and in writing to management and outside
- Ability to complete complex technical assignments independently
and within a team setting.
- Ability to prepare status reports on project development,
implementation, and funding expenditures, including ability to
complete assignments that may have quick turnaround times.
- Contract management, grant funding, and agreement solicitation
experience and abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis.
- Project planning experience and an ability to set and meet
deadlines while delivering high quality work product.
- Applicants must also officially apply to www.calcareers.ca.gov
- Remote position-California based. Accepted candidates must
reside in CA
- Please contact me for assistance,
- Last date to apply: December 5th, 2022
Keywords: California Energy Commission, Sacramento , Air Pollution Specialist, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!