Advanced Practice Pharmacist - Oncology Pharmacotherapy Clinic
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Organization: SMCS-Sutter Med Center - Sacramento Position
Overview: -Will initiate, modify and discontinue medications within
a Collaborative Practice Agreement as defined by the California
State Board of Pharmacy. Focus on management of complex disease
states to help patients reach optimal therapeutic goals. Simplify
patient medication regimens, minimize the risk of harmful
medication interactions and educate patients to enhance adherence
and clinical outcomes. Responsible for policy development,
Continuous process improvement, continuing education, clinical and
medical staff development and Pharmacy APPE student and resident
preceptorship. Performs patient care assessments, orders and
interprets laboratory tests, prescribes, modifies and discontinues
medication therapies. Monitors clinical outcomes, communicates with
medical providers, performs electronic documentation and refers
patients to other health care providers. Job Description:
Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy in the U.S
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- PHARMR-Registered Pharmacist Upon Hire
- ASHP-Post Graduate Year 1 ASHP General Pharmacy Residency Upon
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must possess superior written and verbal communication skills.
Must demonstrate appropriate clinical patient management skills,
initiative, excellent judgement, exceptional interpersonal skills,
and the ability to multitask and maintain composure.
- Must be self-motivated and able to quickly adapt to meet a
variety of clinical and operational needs.
- Professional demeanor and interactions with all colleagues and
- Interpretation and understanding of patient specific medication
- Proficient at Pharmacy order entry, verification of CPOE, and
familiar with RN and MD charting within EMR.
- Ability to maintain concentration and accuracy despite a busy
environments with distractions and medications with a narrow
therapeutic window and may potentially cause harm if
inappropriately prescribed, prepared, or administered.
- Comfort working in a stressful and high acuity patient care
- Exceptional communication with all healthcare providers.
- Comfort and skill interviewing patients, family members,
medical providers, and pharmacy staff in an effort to facilitate
- Collaborations and oversight of other pharmacy staff in order
to maintain an environment of medication safety.
- Accuracy, comfort and skill managing chemotherapy plan
templates within an EMR
- Serve as a pharmacy and medication management resource to
oncology medical and clinical staff.
- Collaboration with oncology leadership, medical staff, and
pharmacy leadership to maintain and facilitate financial
stewardship and clinical excellence/care.
- Serve as a pharmacy representative for regulatory compliance
surveys for inquiries dealing specifically with the verification,
preparation, dispensing, storage, waste, and administration of
chemotherapeutic or hazardous medications.
- Job Shift: Days Schedule: Full Time Shift Hours: 8 Days of the
Week: Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday Weekend
Requirements: None Benefits: Yes Unions: No Position Status:
Non-Exempt Weekly Hours: 40 Employee Status: Regular Number of
Openings: 1 This position may regularly work, store, prepare,
receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s)
identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National
Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes
of USP 800. Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity
employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans. Schedule/Shift: Regular/
Keywords: Sutter Health, Sacramento , Advanced Practice Pharmacist - Oncology Pharmacotherapy Clinic, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!