Company: Center for Social Dynamics
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Are you a self-motivated, hands-on individual looking to do
something passionate and meaningful with your career? Join us as we
open a world of possibilities. -
Our Ione Team -is currently seeking a -Part-Time Behavior
Specialist -to join our dynamic and growing team!
- Position starts at $20-$25 per hour based on
- Flexible schedule
- Paid training, drive-time & mileage reimbursement
- Growth & development opportunities
- Free college or tuition reimbursement -options through our
Dreams Come TRUE program
The Center for Social Dynamics (CSD) is an organization providing
services to those with developmental delays, including autism. Our
mission is to open a world of possibilities for individuals with
Autism and other developmental needs through science, compassion,
We are grounded in our values of Transparency, Respect,
Understanding, & Excellence (TRUE), which guide our efforts as a
respected & growing employer and industry leader. Our people and
programs deliver personalized, professional, evidence-based
behavioral and developmental services to each participant, and
peace of mind to caregivers that their loved ones are in the right
About the Opportunity
What's a Behavior Specialist?
It's more than a job, it's a calling. It's an opportunity to begin
a new career where you can have an impact on a child's life through
teaching, learning and playing. You will find joy in small
victories and be resilient in the face of setbacks all in a days'
We will teach you to use the strategies of Applied Behavior
Analysis to work with clients who have development delays, such as
Autism. A Behavior Specialist provides direct 1:1 therapy for
teaching life skills and behavior reduction to those with Autism in
a gentle, center or home-based environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Have fun with our clients while teaching them the skills that
- Implement individualized programs for children and young adults
based on behavioral analysis principles that increase
communication, self-help, social and play skills
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that occur through the
implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) and support
from your clinical team
- Capture thorough notes using a tablet/mobile device to manage
the child's progress
- Facilitate interactions with peers, coworkers, and
- Keep the children motivated to learn through positive
reinforcement and fun play-based therapy
- Additional job duties as assigned
Benefits & Perks
Starting as a part-time opportunity, you will have an opportunity
to grow your career in this purpose-filled industry where you can
see results every day. Benefits include:
- Competitive, market pay based on experience, location, and
- Bonus eligibility
- Medical benefits - eligible after working 30+ hours/week
consistently over a six-month period
- Paid drive time and mileage reimbursement
- Paid sick time
- CSD issued cell phone
- Tuition reduction program - In-House ABA Program - National
University for Bachelor's and Master's degrees
Requirements & Qualifications
- You enjoy working with children and making a
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Flexible availability - high demand for time Monday through
Thursday from 3-7:30 pm
- Complete new hire training conducted online and in person. All
training time is paid.
- Proof of vaccinations (MMR, Varicella, and COVID - California
- Reliable transportation required
- Frequent bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, twisting to
observe, assess and interact with infants/toddlers (50%).
- Frequent speaking and listening (50%) to clients, staff, and
other professionals in-meetings and on-the-phone.
- Occasional walking to, bending to enter, sitting, and using
upper and lower limbs to drive car to-and-from home visits and
- Occasional sitting and maintaining close visual attention to
write reports and perform computer work (15%).
- Occasional lifting, carrying, and loading/unloading of toys and
materials used in home visits (10%).
CSD is a proud equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not
limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
About Our TRUE Values
Transparency in the work that we do and the actions we take to
achieve our mission. There are no hidden agendas or motives at
Center for Social Dynamics. Each family's unique cultures, values,
and generational dynamics.
Respect for all and the value that everyone brings towards
accomplishing our mission. No one at CSD is worth more or less, and
together we are greater than the sum of our parts.
Understanding through tolerance, cooperation, and empathy in the
pursuit of our mission. We never lose sight of who we are, the
people we serve, and our purpose and meaning.
Excellence in our drive, passion, and commitment to our mission.
CSD will always do what it takes to deliver the best, leave no one
behind, and champion our cause.
Keywords: Center for Social Dynamics, Sacramento , Behavior Specialist, Other , Ione, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!