Company: OLS HOTELS
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Hotel Winters - Winters, CA
Hospitality - Hotel
Join the 30-year-old company turned start-up that is making waves
With forty hotels and resorts and home offices in Los Angeles and
Waikiki, Springboard Hospitality has reinvented itself from a
successful thirty-year legacy in small-scale hospitality
management. Join us as we launch our next thirty years (and beyond)
as the leader in independent and soft-branded lifestyle hotels.
Be a part of a team that values innovative thinkers from diverse
backgrounds to help define a new intersection of bold ideas and
With properties in ten U.S. states, we're known for seamlessly
navigating vital asset operations, from revenue management and
human resources to marketing, food and beverage, and more. At
Springboard, we emphasize the importance of progressive innovation
as an integral component to our success.
Springboard has undergone a process of identifying five key words
that define our essential characteristics. It is our belief that
others who also identify with these key words as mirror images of
themselves, have untapped potential to help create an innovative
hotel management company while being their best selves each and
every day. Those five words are...
PERSONALIZED > INDEPENDENT > DYNAMIC > CONNECTED >
SECURITY OFFICER / GUEST SERVICES
Do you have keen powers of observation, perception and agility?
Are you capable of providing excellent customer service while
protecting the people around you?
Do you have impeccable skills to communicate with integrity and
If you said "yes" to these questions, why don't you apply?
We are in search of a service-focused Security Officer.
This is how the job would look like:
As the Security Officer, you will conduct routine patrols of entire
property ensuring the safety and security of our guests. Perform
protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained
manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances
and threats to life and property to maintain a safe and secure
environment. Observe and report any discrepancies.
This is what you need to do:
- Knowing the complete hotel facilities and layout including
- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing
stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and
identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable
conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two-way
radio, bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR.
- Patrol parking lot ensuring safety of guests and property.
- Patrol interior hallways and public areas ensuring safety of
guests and property.
- Prepare routine logs of status of patrolled areas.
- Prepare security incident report and notify appropriate
managers when an incident occurs.
- Escort guests when asked to parking lot areas and assist with
luggage if needed.
- Perform housekeeping duties during their absence overnight,
assist the Night Auditor with guest calls. In addition, perform
duties of Engineer on Duty and assist with maintenance calls
- Respond to guest questions regarding the hotel. Know the lay
out of the hotel including all suites, meeting rooms and all
outlets' location and hours of operation
- Report and/or follow-up on any complaints, problems a guest may
experience in a timely and professional fashion to ensure a quality
- Attend emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate
protection of the hotel's guests, staff and company assets.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property
including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location
of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
You may be assigned the following:
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as
- Maintain good working relationships and open lines of
communication with all other departments.
- Train, cross-train, and re-train (when necessary) in all
- Assist Night Auditor/MOD and Valet whenever necessary.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as
assigned. Participate in hotel committees and task force
Our expectations from you:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out),
Meals and Rest Periods policy and OLS Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and
security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe
environment for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to the General
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct
stated in the associate handbook.
These the job requirements:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience Valid
California driver's license and ability to drive stick shift
* * Guard card and CPR/First Aid certified preferred.
Experience: 1-2 YearExperience required by position is one full
year of employment or more in a related position with this company
or other organization(s).
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in English; second language
- Requires working knowledge of guest services and hotel's
services, policies or operations.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and
walking significant distances between and within buildings on the
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform
essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods
weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature
Apply directly at www.olshotel.com/careers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
Keywords: OLS HOTELS, Sacramento , SECURITY OFFICER, Other , Winters, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!