Sr. Property Adjuster (field) - West Sacramento, CA
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of Job**Company Vehicle Provided**
**Looking for experienced Sr. Property Adjusters in the West
Sacramento, CA area to join USAA**
Adjusters in this role will focus on utilizing technology and desk
adjusting for a virtual first approach to inspections and claims
handling and will also be responsible for physically inspecting
losses within their locally assigned territory. Adjusters in this
role may expect to travel outside of their local territory to
respond to catastrophes in other regions when needed.
Within defined guidelines and framework, investigates, evaluates,
negotiates, and settles complex property insurance claims presented
by or against our members. Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes
liability exposure and negotiates equitable settlement in
compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Recognizes and
empathizes with members' life events, as appropriate.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manage assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal coaching as appropriate.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
when appropriate Determines coverage through analyzing information
involving complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Determines and negotiates complex claims settlement. Makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms.
Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage
complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct
in-person inspections.When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. - This will take
approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will
not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able
to change your responses.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed.
- Developing knowledge of residential construction.Physical
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined
spaces, to include attics and go beneath homes into crawl spaces. -
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including
verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to
include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs,
this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs
and attics.Preferred Experience:
- Prior experience adjusting property claims using virtual
- Prior property field adjuster experience handling DWG, APS and
- Prior deployments in support of catastrophes.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA.
- Currently reside within or have the ability to self-relocate
withing West Sacramento, area.
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification.
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License.
- Has served in the US Military or a Military Spouse.The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $60,300.00 -$108,600.00 this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. - Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. - -Benefits: -At USAA our employees
enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial,
and emotional wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance,
parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with
paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Sacramento , Sr. Property Adjuster (field) - West Sacramento, CA, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!