Center Branch - Member Service Specialist III
Company: Golden1 Credit Union
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB TITLE: Member Service Specialist III DEPARTMENT: - Branch
Channel Delivery STATUS: Non- Exempt JOB CODE: - 2401 GENERAL
DESCRIPTION:Provide members the highest level of service available
in an efficient and courteous manner. Process monetary transactions
within assigned limits, maintain accurate records and balance each
day's transactions in accordance with established policies and
procedures. Proactively engage with members to identify products
and services designed to assist them in achieving their financial
goals. - Answer questions, and direct members to appropriate
department for specialized services. TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- -Processes and audits financial transactions including
deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments and general ledger
entries while maintaining a cash drawer.
- Provides Golden 1 services to member, including but not limited
to cashier's checks, money orders, savings bonds, wire transfers
and transactions, additional sub-shares, and debit card
- Assesses members needs while processing transactions. -
- Identifies opportunities to help members relative to Golden 1
product or service offerings and documents in EnAct system.
- Identifies and report fraudulent activity to management and
Financial Investigations dept., in accordance with current
procedures to prevent potential loss to the credit union.
- Assists in the proper operation of the ATM and Teller Cash
Dispenser Units including, but not limited to, replacing receipt
cartridge, clearing a blockage, etc.
- May be required to take the lead for open and closing
responsibilities in the absence of MSS IV and above. -
- Activates alarm.
- Verifies signature cards in ECM (Enterprise Content
- Check acceptance approval within assigned limits.
- Ensures confidentiality of all member and credit union
- Maintains current knowledge of all Golden 1 products and
services, as well as of policies and procedures for teller
- Performs additional responsibilities essential to the
operations of the branch (TCR, SBO, Safe deposit box, etc...), as
- Opens deposit and specialty accounts (e.g., Roth IRA) and
identifies members' financial service needs to ensure members are
provided with meaningful financial solutions.
- Mentors and advises MSSI's and MSSII's. -
- Develops coaching and leadership skills by observation and
training courses. -
- Engages in consultative dialogue with members to identify
current and future financial needs and documents in EnAct
- Enroll members in the different channels that Golden 1 uses:
online, mobile, etc.
- Refer member's home lending/investment needs to the appropriate
business partner through EnAct referrals.
- Process consumer loan applications and completes the
fulfillment of loan when appropriate.
- Approves signature cards.
- Audits loan reports and provides coaching as needed to avoid
- Provide approvals based on authorized limits as assigned by the
Branch Manager. -
- Notarizes member documents (certification of trust, etc.).
- Collects medallion stamp request information and sends to MSS
IV or above for approval.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including bank
secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
COMMUNICATION & INTERACTIONS:
- Interacts professionally with members.
- Communicates in a professional manner (proper grammar,
punctuation and tone) in both written and verbal communication. -
- Effective listener. Communicates with empathy. - -
- Associates member needs based on conversation to G1 products
- Overcomes basic objection or resistance through conversation. -
- Works as part of a team. - -
- Accepts constructive feedback positively and utilize it to help
personal and professional development. - -
- Ability to have a consultative dialogue by asking effective
questions and connecting to answer to solutions offered by G1. -
- Communicates the ""why"", not just the ""how"" or ""what". -
- Overcomes member objections and resistance with a calming and
reassuring presence -
- Demonstrates polished presentation skills, e.g.: Speaks clearly
and confidently; Communicates in a clear and concise manner; able
to convey complicated information in an understandable manner to
- Demonstrates networking skills, e.g.: - Asks effective
questions and processes answers; speaks with sincerity; uses
positive language; makes friends-not contacts; follows-up on
networking conversations. - ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS &
- INTERNAL: - Participates in team meetings. - Frequent routine
and complex verbal and written communication with the following
departments: - Branch Network, Home Loan Reps, IT Help Desk,
Deposit Account Servicing, Financial Advisors, Member Development
Officers, Call Center (MSCC), Fraud Management, MSSI Training, Loan
Processing and Underwriting. - Internal conversations are more
research focused (e.g., fraud avoidance and account research)
- EXTERNAL: - Frequent transaction related interactions and
consultative conversations with members. - Follows-up and initiates
conversation with potential members identified at marketing and
table events. - May be required to sign-in outside vendors and
visitors as needed. QUALIFICATIONS:
- EDUCATION: High School or GED required.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum two plus year of prior experience in a
banker role at another financial institution or customer
relationship building role preferred, plus and 1 year as a Member
Service Specialist II or teller role at Golden 1 or another
financial institution preferred.
- Fosters a positive and engaging work environment. Treating
others with courtesy and respect. -
- Inspires others through words and actions and embracing G1's
mission, vision and core values.
- Displays positive, outgoing, and empathetic attitude.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Takes on any task required to meet or exceed all team
- Takes the initiative to identify, investigate and resolve
member issues, including operational and support situations.\
- Willingness and flexibility in taking on new responsibilities
as business requires.
- Willingness to learn and master new and emerging banking
- Presents Golden Services (Internal/External).
- Assumes Positive Intent in all communication. 4.
-KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: - -
- Functional: -Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Advanced knowledge in the following areas: - Federal Rules and
Regulations as applied to credit unions, G1 products
(consultative), deposit fulfillment (with Subshares) and
Fulfillment, Deposit Services, Lending Services, employee handbook,
Knowledge Base (G1 policies and procedures), cash handling,
teamwork, and customer service.
- Technical: Basic knowledge in the following
systems/applications: - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and
PowerPoint), eFunds, Bridger, Card @ Once, EnAct (referrals,
uncovering opportunities and reviewing balances), ECM, Springboard,
DSUI / TNav, Wire Exchange, SBO, HRIS (ADP), Concur, Relationship
- Proficient adding profiles and updating tasks, activities and
notes in EnAct. - Proficient in Maestro and LPQ. - PHYSICAL
- Prolonged standing throughout the workday. A teller stool is
provided as may be needed.
- Ability to lift up to thirty pounds.
- Ability to frequently move about the branch to accomplish
- Corrected hearing within normal range. A telephone device to
enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Corrected vision in the normal range.
- Possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an
on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment,
including an adding machine and typewriter, if needed.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Notary Public, if required for
specific branch. -
Keywords: Golden1 Credit Union, Sacramento , Center Branch - Member Service Specialist III, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!