Company: Universal Forest Products
Posted on: September 14, 2021
We’re powered by hard-working people who value integrity in
everything they do, who look for opportunity around every corner,
and who enjoy a work hard/play hard culture. In addition to being a
leading manufacturer in our markets, we’re known for being true to
our word and for rewarding successful employees. UFP Industries is
committed to rewarding skill, dedication and an entrepreneurial
attitude with opportunities for growth. We offer great benefits,
training programs, and advancement opportunities for multiple
Machine Operator I is responsible for the set up and operation of a
production machine in accordance with established procedures and
guidelines. Works under immediate supervision; relies on
instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the
functions of the job.
SFO-03 WS-03 WS-LC
• Securing and maintaining material and supplies required on the
• Completing work area set up.
• Operating and feeding the machine in a safe and efficient manner,
and according to established procedures.
• Stacking completed products in accordance with established
procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band
• Ensuring work area is safe, clean and organized, and that
equipment is safe to operate.
• Completing pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and
reports any problems or concerns.
• Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment.
• Maintaining production records as required.
• Checking materials and finished products to ensure compliance
• Performing duties consistent with established safety and quality
procedures, rules, and standards.
• Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
Shift start: 4:00AM or 6:00AM
Shift length: 8 hours
Monday-Friday, some overtime and Saturdays
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
A high school diploma/GED is preferred but not required. At least 6
months of experience in manufacturing and/or assembling is
preferred. Working knowledge of basic math.
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 25 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Universal Forest Products
Universal Forest Products, Inc., is a U.S.-based global
corporation that finds reward in its roots and its hard-earned
success. Founded in 1955 as a supplier of lumber to the
manufactured housing industry, Universal today is a
multibillion-dollar holding company with subsidiaries around the
globe that serve three robust markets: retail, industrial and
construction. Since 1993, Universal has been publicly traded
(Nasdaq: UFPI). We’re headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Keywords: Universal Forest Products, Sacramento , Machine Operator, Other , Thornton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!