Talent Advisor, Senior
Company: Blue Shield of California
Location: El Dorado Hills
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The role will act as the senior level Talent Acquisition advisor
supporting recruitment for the Customer Experience function. The
candidate will possess both the knowledge & ability to execute on
full cycle recruitment experience with proven experience in hiring
for high volume roles. The Talent Advisor will be a strong partner
to the hiring leaders by helping to attract & recruit top talent to
staff our Call Centers, while driving continuous improvements that
enhance the efficiency of hiring and the experience of the
candidates. The Talent Advisor will execute on the hiring plan
while simultaneously working in partnership cross-functionally to
design & build a robust program for Member Services.
- Lead and manage the recruiting process in the identification,
assessment and nurturing of external and internal talent using
creative, proactive, cutting edge recruitment methods.
- Develop relationships and elicit clear requirements for
positions across several areas of a business unit/Talent
Acquisition functional areas.
- Fully understand job requirements/needs for open positions;
fully understands the Talent Acquisition Department/group/unit
operations in which the position is being filled and counsels
hiring managers and others on hiring procedures.
- Provides any needed coaching on interviewing techniques.
Develops a recruiting strategy, including appropriate media and
advertising, for each assigned open position.
- Source or directs sourcing efforts to develop a pool of
qualified applicants/candidates for each assigned open position.
Comprehensive sourcing strategy development and oversight of
- Ensures all appropriate documentation is maintained in employee
file through hiring process.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws
and regulations regarding hiring and initial employment.
- Maintains and gains knowledge and expertise in
staffing/recruiting best practices, wage and salary laws, employee
benefits, and general human resources practices.
- Maintains information and provides reports as required that
identify key staffing/recruiting metrics.
- Works collaboratively with other areas of HR to ensure that
broad HR policies and practices are in alignment with Blue Shield
of California mission and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience
and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Typically, requires advanced knowledge of Talent Acquisition
obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May
have practical knowledge of project management.
- Must possess extensive experience in managing expectations and
relationships with internal business clients.
- Demonstrates ability to executive hiring plans and adapt to
- A high degree of strategic mindset is required.
- Extensive experience with sourcing, screening resumes, and
conducting telephone screens for designated hard to fill positions
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems and the MS
Office Suite is required.
- Experience working with Taleo is preferred.
- Experience leveraging both candidate and employee referrals for
current and future positions.
- Experience using internet resources including but not limited
to: resume databases, recruiting and search techniques such as
LinkedIn, user group lists, and industry-specific online
professional networks, advanced Boolean searches, blogs, and job
boards is highly preferred.
- Excellent task management, resource management and
interpersonal skills to support time-critical staffing needs.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and
communication skills, positive attitude, and high level of
- Must be results-oriented and have the drive to win.
- Works with a high sense of urgency, ability to remain flexible
within a highly dynamic changing environment and still deliver on
- Experience within a fast-paced corporate environment is
required. Experience recruiting within an agency is preferred.
- Works well with ambiguity.
- Demonstrates high level of self-sufficiency and
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, self-directed and
a quick learner.
- About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents,
leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we
come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all
Californians have access to high-quality health care at a
sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield
of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by
making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We
are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue
Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in
annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed
more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation
since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities.
Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California
with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and
San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has
received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality
improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay
Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the
world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California,
we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and
the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule
in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from
home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug
screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction
records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regards to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any
other classification protected by Federal, State and local
- Requisition ID: 21001U3
- Posting Date: May 27, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Sacramento , Talent Advisor, Senior, Other , El Dorado Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!