Greenpeace USA’s Telefundraising program is integral to
deepening relationships with a diverse community of donors and
supporters to provide financial stability to achieve critical
campaign goals and build a people-powered movement. Our power as an
organization comes from our unique ability to advocate and take
direct action to affect positive change in the world. The program’s
objective is to increase the organization’s financial strength in
support for our mission of creating a green and peaceful future
while providing hard-hitting grassroots results across the country
for Greenpeace campaigns.
Telefundraising Officers will be responsible for acquiring new
Greenpeace memberships, and to inspire and strengthen their
engagement and commitment to our organization. This work will be
completed telephonically utilizing a variety of communication tools
and will also ensure data is safely secured and accurately entered
into the calling system.
This is a non-exempt position based in California. Full-time and
part-time shifts are available for this role.
Responsibilities for this role
- Acquiring Greenpeace memberships and assisting in achieving
- Daily recruitment of Greenpeace memberships in an effort to
ensure program success and to meet and or exceed individual
- To encourage and drive monthly Greenpeace memberships through
engaging conversations with prospective donors.
- To meet or surpass weekly targets which are set based on
- Must be available to work daily phone shifts, Monday through
Friday and possibly Saturdays with approval from People &
- Protect the identity of Greenpeace supporters by never
personally retaining or sharing member information with anyone
(except with the Telefundraising Specialist or Telefundraising
Manager, if necessary).
- To raise awareness and promote the organization’s mission,
campaigns and goals.
- Develop a well-versed and detailed understanding of the
environmental issues on which Greenpeace campaigns.
- Attend training and coaching sessions.
- To maintain a commitment to your shift and work hours.
- Providing support and motivation to Telefundraising Officers on
techniques for securing Greenpeace memberships.
- Actively participate and engage in meetings with managers and
- Participate in training and other development sessions to team
members when requested by the Telefundraising Specialist or
- To find creative ways to build a welcoming, supportive and
inclusive workplace culture.
- Targets will be set based on the number of hours worked daily
- Weekly performance targets must be met and or exceeded.
Any deviation from this metric can lead to
for this role include:
A passion for environmental and social justice;
excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
ability to adapt and thrive in an autonomous, diverse and fast
paced environment; displays tenacity and
resilience; a dedication to respecting all
cultures and identities; and a commitment to
nonviolent action as a means of affecting change. An action-driven
individual that excels in achieving and exceeding targets. Previous
telemarketing or sales experience is preferred but not
If you are ready to jump into the fight to slow climate change
and believe in environmental justice, please submit an application
on our careers page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling
basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or
other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from
marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to
this opportunity, please contact us.
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has
flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive
benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental,
and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have
options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and
dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 6% 401K
matching. New staff members receive 3 weeks vacation, 10 sick days,
2 personal days in their first year. Additionally we are closed
Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
After 1 year of service staff members are eligible to receive 20
weeks of fully paid parental leave and after five years, staff are
eligible for a 12 week paid sabbatical. To encourage public
transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff that
choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is
committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a
creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our
Salary for this position is $17/hour and Telefundraising
Officers are eligible to receive bonuses for each week of exceeding
individual performance targets. Telefundraising Officers can earn
bonuses by surpassing individual performance targets of signing up
additional monthly members.
- When Telefundraisers exceed their weekly target by 1 donor,
they will receive a $50 bonus.
- The bonus increases by $10 for each additional donor after
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States
without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.