Patient Services Associate
Company: MEDNAX Services, Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Patient Services Associate in Sacramento, California - Careers
at PAS Stockton Office Skip Branding Mednax COVID-19 Resources &
Vaccine Information LEARN MORE Request for Proposal Need Help?
- About Mednax
- Our Conferences
- Our Companies
- Latest News Celebrating Five Decades of Neonatal Care Visit the
- Corporate Office Mednax Services, Inc. 1301 Concord Terrace
Sunrise, FL 33323 (800) 243-3839 Policy Statement Terms and
Conditions -- 2021 Mednax Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Find
a Clinician Find a Practice Request for Proposal Patient Services
Associate in Sacramento, California - Careers at PAS Stockton
Office Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the
personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply
for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Patient
Services Associate Requisition ID 2021-28844 Location
US-CA-Sacramento Position Type Temporary Overview Mednax Services,
Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last 40 years, through
our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states and Puerto Rico,
we have reshaped care delivery within women's and children's
specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care for the
unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically ill
infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical
settings . Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of
Pediatrix and Obstetrix Medical Groups have used evidence-based
tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research,--and
telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes--and--provide
high-quality,--cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of
almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced
practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts
who work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great
care of the patient--. We invite you to join the Mednax family and
help shape the future of health care.-- Responsibilities The
Patient Service Associate is responsible to ensure smooth clinic,
patient and billing flow by greeting and directing patients to
their various appointments, preparing the daily clinic schedule and
updating the physicians' schedules, maintaining patient files and
records, interfacing with the different corporate departments and
by receiving and directly patient questions to appropriate people.
Works as a team member to facilitate patient care and optimize the
- Handle high volume incoming calls.
- Review the charts and insurance referrals/authorizations and
taking appropriate action to assure proper maximal
- To assist the physicians and/or administrators in all business
and patient care responsibilities.
- Coordinates office communication flow.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with and demonstrates
a caring attitude toward patients and their families.
- Greet, direct and assist large numbers of visitors and refers
visitors to various areas.
- Ensure all patient demographic and insurance information.
- Answer telephones using correct telephone etiquette at all
times, recording legible and complete messages, handling questions,
transferring incoming calls appropriately, contacting physicians,
insurance companies, hospitals, diagnostic facilities, billing
departments, etc--- as necessary.
- Review patient intake information to verify insurance
- Verify patient insurance information, call for insurance
authorization, patient address, telephone, etc---
- Responsible for scheduling new and follow up appointments
including patient testing.
- Acts in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner, recognizing an
individual's religious, ethical and moral opinions and
- Brings new ideas, positive attitude and lots of energy.
- Responsible for maintaining and recording patient
- Identify and collect co-pays, deductibles and other
- Reconcile patient payments on a daily basis received to cash
box and receipt journal.
- Prepare billing sheets.
- Review all billings sheets to ensure they contain necessary
information needed to create a claim such as physician name and
number, patient name and number, insurance code, referring
physician and code, etc---
- Direct billing inquiries to appropriate Regional Office.
- Ensure the clinical staff submits all outpatient billing sheets
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Patient chart management, preparation, maintenance, filing,
copying, requesting records, etc---
- Provides assistance to other team members when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assures all charge tickets are accounted for and checked off
against patient sign in sheet and schedule for optimal
- Displays exceptional customer service skills in responding to
all inquiries from patients, insurance carriers, outside agencies,
internal departments and coworkers.
- Daily review of charts on patients who have appointments for
the following day to verify that all appropriate referral and
authorization information has been received.
- Coordinate flow of insurance information with the clinic sites
and corporate office.
- Data entry of registration.
- Request insurance codes as needed.
- Maintain audit logs of billings.
- Reception desk and telephones as needed. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years recent experience in a related position in a
medical office experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize jobs duties and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work on many tasks at one time.
- Have superior customer service and verbal and written
- Strong computer knowledge; experience preferred.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, obstetrical and/or perinatal
coding, office billing forms, insurance and government payer
regulations and other third party billing requirements
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and attention to
- Must be able to travel to satellite office during the week.
Mileage is reimbursable. MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
#MednaxCorp Options Apply Apply Forward to a Friend Refer Need help
finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for
you!Click here to get started. Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: MEDNAX Services, Inc., Sacramento , Patient Services Associate, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!