Member Care Escalations Rep
Company: Golden 1 Credit Union
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Our headquarters in Sacramento contains the core functions that
support our mission to deliver financial solutions with value,
convenience and exceptional service to our members. JOB TITLE:
Member Care Escalations RepDEPARTMENT: Member Care STATUS:
Non-ExemptJOB CODE: 1719 GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Performs as an
experienced, well developed, and trained Member Care representative
with advanced communication and negotiation skills when interacting
with members for prompt resolution of delinquent accounts to
minimize Golden 1 non-performing asset accounts and promote account
retention. TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to perform all duties of a Member Care Rep I and II as
- Contact members by phone demonstrating a high level of
negotiation skills to generate acceptable and sometimes
sophisticated re-payment plans that meet the needs of both the
Credit Union and member.
- Negotiate with members to resolve the delinquent status of
accounts, discuss possible financial arrangements that would
resolve temporary problems, inform them of potential legal actions,
and suggest financial counseling, to arrive at suitable payment
- Possess a high level of knowledge in all Member Care Department
specialty areas such as negative shares, repossessions, suits,
foreclosures and bankruptcies.
- Possess the knowledge to process repossession reinstatement and
- Possess a thorough understanding of charge off accounts and the
related expulsion process.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state, federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including bank
secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the
- Ability to thoroughly review and document account summaries on
all actions taken, such as telephone conversations, alternative
financial arrangements, and letters mailed to assess the need for
escalated Member Care efforts .
- Establish and maintain records relating to restricted
delinquent and or negative accounts. Update the account files by
indicating the date(s) payment(s) is/are received.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and responsibilities as
described in departmental procedures.
- Maintain positive relations with all members, credit union
departments, and branches discussing sensitive personal financial
circumstances in a tactful manner.
- Possesses a proficient level of knowledge related to other
Credit Union products, procedures and systems.
- Assist with escalated calls from members, branches and Golden 1
staff as needed.
- Assist Manager/Supervisor with special tasks or projects as
- Research and respond to inquiries from members and other Golden
1 departments and branches on delinquent loans and account
- Monitor compliance of credit union policies and Fair Debt
- Assist in overseeing the department during manager, or
- Help in all areas of the Collection Department when
- Support department goals by meeting performance standards in
all areas of the collection process.
- Other duties as assigned. PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND
EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to
interact with members and provide constructive follow-up on
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate
an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment,
such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine
and telephone. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Branch management, staff, Payroll Deduction,
Electronic Services, Centralized Lending, Records Management, and
Compliance and Risk Management.
- EXTERNAL: Members, law enforcement agencies, judicial
departments, peer collectors, or groups that will result in
resolution of delinquent accounts. QUALIFICATIONS:
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is
- EXPERIENCE: Three or more years performing collection duties
within The Golden 1 Credit Union, as well as experience in areas
dealing with VISA, Negative Shares, and Loans.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Strong verbal and written communication
skills, facsimile machine, ten key, microfiche, electronic banking
equipment, VISA terminal, Credit Union and collection rules,
regulations, policies, and procedures. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will
be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to
interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Minimal local travel to attend court appearances by car or
- High volume of telephone communication throughout the workday.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: None We appreciate your interest in
joining the Golden 1 team! If you are selected to participate in
the interview process we will contact you. Other details Job Family
Non-Manager Job Function Non-Manager Pay Type Hourly Apply Now
Keywords: Golden 1 Credit Union, Sacramento , Member Care Escalations Rep, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!