Vehicle Inspector - Auburn, WA
Company: Kar Auction Services Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Reporting to the Inspection Manager or other designated Manager,
support the Auction by inspecting vehicles for damage, missing
parts, and mechanical problems upon arrival at the auction.
Complete required electronic vehicle inspection promptly and
accurately. Perform all additional duties assigned by the
Inspection manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company
policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at
-- Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the
- Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous
- Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment
and friendly disposition by greeting others.--
- Return customer's vehicles in clean condition with radios,
seats, mirrors and other convenience items in the same position as
when the customer brought the vehicle in. No smoking in customer
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner
and advise Management of all serious complaints or incidences.
- Ensure all vehicle area conditions are not a potential threat
to employee or customer safety.--
- Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee or customer
accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property.
- Report all incidents to Lead Vehicle Inspector or Lot Manager
immediately per auction policy. Other responsibilities:
- Maintain equipment and tools properly and advise supervisor or
manager of any needed equipment maintenance or breakdown.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times.
- Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
- Practice and promote company Core Values. Job Specific
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the
following: Perform vehicle inspections:
- Complete inspection of arriving vehicles for damage and ensure
vehicles inspected meet the program standards as defined by the
account or contract. This includes, but is not limited to photos of
unit, mileage verification, interior and exterior damage and paint
- Complete end of term (E.O.T.) returns. Notify the Inspection
manager when a vehicle does not meet the standards as defined by
the account or contract.
- Submit completed condition reports to the facility Inspection
Manager or designated account office by download from hand-held
device or submission of written report.
- Maintain good operating condition of all equipment. Advise the
Inspection Manager of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance
- Perform assigned repair and maintenance per department
standards and factory specifications; deviation from standards and
specifications require management preapproval.
- Inform the Mechanical Services Manager or designee when a job
is started, finished, interrupted or delayed. Keep the Manager
informed as to the progress and/or problems with work load. Request
assistance with repairs or inspections as needed.
- Test and recheck all repairs and road test all comebacks as
assigned by the Manager.--
- Look up parts to perform the service. Use parts in stock when
possible and order parts from outside vendors when required. Save
and tag warranty parts or cores for return to vendor. Vehicle
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a
valid driver's license.
- Must be able to drive vehicles with either standard or
- Effective customer relations, communication and interpersonal
- Knowledge of motor vehicles preferred. Physical Requirements
and Working Conditions: The physical activity requirements of the
position are from Medium to Heavy Physical Work Visual acuity
requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision
comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine
Operators (including inspection) positions.
- Constant - reaching, standing, walking, grasping, feeling,
- Frequent- stooping, repetitive motion
- Occasional- balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling,
- Potential - running, jumping, yelling or other rapid forceful
movement in emergency situations. This position is subject to both
inside and outside environmental working conditions, including
temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated
ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as
electrical current , moving mechanical parts, exposure to hot
equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor
atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such
as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external
service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing
operations. Posted 30+ Days Ago Full time R-235809 About Us KAR
Global powers the world's most trusted automotive marketplaces
through innovation, technology and people. Our end-to-end platform
serves the remarketing needs of the world's largest OEMs, dealers,
fleet operators, rental companies and financial institutions. We're
a technology company--delivering next generation tools to
accelerate and simplify remarketing. We're an analytics
company--leveraging data to inform and empower our customers with
clear, actionable insights. And we're an auction company--powering
the world's most advanced and integrated mobile, digital and
physical auction marketplaces. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana,
KAR has 10,000 employees and maintains business units across the
United States, Canada, Mexico, the UK and Europe. Together, the KAR
brands provide a complete remarketing solution for our customers.
California Residents: Click here to learn more about the personal
information we collect in the application process. KAR Global is an
equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Kar Auction Services Inc., Sacramento , Vehicle Inspector - Auburn, WA, Other , Auburn, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!