Supervisor- Home Loan Closing
Company: Golden 1 Credit Union
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Reporting to the Department Manager, responsible in all aspects of
the closing and funding operations. Directs and supervises the Loan
Funders and other department staff while motivating them to achieve
the credit unions strategic goals while upholding exceptional
service standards. The supervisor is responsible for motivational
leadership with emphasis on teamwork, constant communication,
training and performance management. This position will also be
responsible in performing supervisory responsibilities in the
processing side of the real estate operations, as assigned by the
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for directing workflow to ensure maximum efficiency
on a daily basis. Monitor, organize and prioritize the
drawing/funding workload, and prepare pipeline reports to ensure
all department goals, turn-time and service delivery standards are
- Directly responsible for the document drawing, loan closing,
and funding of all employee and/or VIP loans in conjunction with
the real estate operations manager.
- Communicate and interact with title companies, real estate
agencies, member(s), management, loan officers, and other third
party service-related vendors. Identify, investigate and respond to
requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including bank
secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team
member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and
growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring
positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our
mission, vision and core values.
- Administer process and maintain staff schedules, payroll,
personnel reports & performance evaluations for employees, and
analysis of management reports.
- Demonstrate innovation and initiative. Research, analyze,
identify alternatives and recommend improvements for operational
efficiency. Update and maintain department procedures. Support
continuous improvement initiatives within the department and credit
- Responsible in performing additional supervisory
responsibilities in the closing and funding side of the real estate
operations, as assigned by the manager.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE
PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to
train and evaluate staff, interact with members, vendors and other
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate
an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment,
such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Credit union management and all levels of
- EXTERNAL: Members, real estate agents, title companies, credit
reporting agencies, mortgage insurance companies, branches,
secondary market investors, and others as needed.
- EDUCATION: Associate of Arts degree in Business or Finance is
required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for college
- EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of progressively responsible
real estate lending experience within a mortgage/financial
institution and one year of supervisory experience.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Current working knowledge of the real
estate/mortgage industry, credit analysis, mortgage processing,
loan closing and funding, loan origination systems, FNMA and FHLMC
guidelines and sound knowledge of methods and principles of
- Strong member relation skills.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical skills. Ability to use logical reasoning, make
objective observations, evaluations and recommendations.
- Innovative with high- initiative in all activities.
- Ability to mentor, coach and train personnel on complex
policies and procedures.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Heavy telephone volume. Hearing within normal range. A device
to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to
interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
A valid California driver's license and a clear driving record are
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Golden 1 Credit Union, Sacramento , Supervisor- Home Loan Closing, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!