Company: Netsmart Technologies
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Network/Systems Engineer is responsible for analyzing,
designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of
network, server, and applicatio infrastructure and application
components. This role would involve performing a wide variety of
evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure
the computer system's performance meets company and user
satisfaction. The Network/Systems Engineer provides direction,
information, and recommendations regarding configurations and
* Design, setup and configuration of complex network, server,
security, and application environments.
* Establishes and maintains the IT environment by designing system
configuration; directing system installation; defining,
documenting, and enforcing system standards
* Maximizes environmental performance through proactive monitoring;
troubleshooting network problems and outages; plan, document, and
schedule upgrades and changes to network infrastructure;
collaborates with IT leadership on network optimization, design,
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the
Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN,
Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
* Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP
address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
* Maintaining multi-site network operations and software
applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both
private and public facilities.
* Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver
services in accordance with established objectives.
* Responding to inquiries from clients, staff, administrators,
service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to
provide technical assistance and support.
* Supervising the administration of systems and servers related
network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
* Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software
application to resolve operational issues and restore services.
* Build and maintain good working relationship with key
* Create and maintain blueprints/guidelines for deploying,
maintaining, and troubleshooting our cloud environments.
* Automate monitoring, processes and procedures; work with our
software development team to create both backend and customer
* Understanding of HIPAA guidelines.
* Familiarity with ISO 27000, ITIL, or other IT frameworks.
* Stay up to date with latest security, load balancing and
networking trends; undergo training for new products; test products
* 3+ years of experience working with netowrks, systems, security,
and database solutions.
* Advanced experience with Cisco.
* In depth experience in designing, managing and/or assessing
complex IT infrastructures.
* Deep expertise in infrastructure, including firewalls, load
balancing, servers, databases, and networks
* Bachelor s degree in technology
* Excellent communication skills and experience working externally
with customers and/or partners
* Excellent operational and delivery skills
* Ability to think big" and challenge conventional wisdom
* Ability to evolve with a rapidly changing business and
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small
* Availability in response to needs of the customer for
installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
Netsmart provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to
all individuals. Employment decisions at Netsmart will be based on
performance, qualifications, abilities, education and experience.
Netsmart does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. Netsmart complies with any applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Keywords: Netsmart Technologies, Sacramento , Network Engineer, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!