Sr Developer/Data Engineer \u2013 Databricks
Posted on: March 20, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYWe are seeking a Sr. Developer/Data
Engineer with Databricks experience to join our team supporting an
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client.The ideal candidate will have
a proven track record as a senior/self-starting data engineer in
implementing data ingestion and transformation pipelines for large
scale organizations. We are seeking someone with technical skills
in Databricks development, performance tuning, and optimization.
The candidate will assist in the design and development of high
performant data ingestion pipelines from multiple sources using
Databricks. The candidate will be involved in all stages of
integrating the end-to-end data pipeline to take data from source
systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and
consistency of data is always maintained. Candidate will have
extensive experience with commercial and open source relational and
non-relational data repositories.
- Develop scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingestion and
transformation of large data sets.
- Design and implement data ingestion pipelines from multiple
sources ensuring the quality and consistency of data is always
- Work with event based / streaming technologies to ingest and
- Work with other members of the project team to support delivery
of additional project components (API interfaces, Search).
- Stream and Batch processes in Databricks.
- Work within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology to deliver
proof of concept and production implementation in iterative
- Convert existing Informatica ETL code to Databricks code
whenever it is feasible/required.
- Create and maintain Databricks queries to support dashboarding
and/or reporting activities.
- SQL query development and optimization as required to support
various reporting needs.
- Performance monitoring and diagnosis of the ingest pipeline and
suggest continual improvement.*Position is contingent on
funding.Project Specific Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience
can substitute for a degree
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience required
- At least two (2) years of experience with Databricks.
- Expertise in designing and deploying data applications on cloud
solutions, such as Azure or AWS
- Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices
including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing,
and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions
involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking
- Experience in building ETL / data warehouse transformation
- Hands on experience in performance tuning and optimizing code
running in programming languages such as PySpark and Python
- Good understanding of SQL, T-SQL and/or PL/SQL
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills particularly
those that apply to a big data environment
- Experience with Apache Kafka for use with streaming data /
- Experience with other Open-Source big data products Hadoop
(incl. Hive, Pig, Impala)
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience working in an Agile DevSecOps environment
- Experience of working with relational databases: (SQL Server,
- Experience with non-relational / NoSQL data repositories (incl.
MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)Preferred experience:
- Knowledge of IRS business systems and data
- Experience working in a command line environment and a general
understanding of Red Hat Linux OS, or other Unix-like OS.
- Databricks certification
- Expertise with creating custom visualizations (e.g.
implementing force-directed graph visualization using D3.js) for
Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Expertise with ELK stack and/or Splunk.
- Knowledge of FedRAMP, FISMA and other Federal IT security
guidelines.Additional requirements as per Contract/Client:
- Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS
Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS
Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus).
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident
(Green Card status) for at least three (3) years, and Federal Tax
compliantEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of software solutions that will meet or
exceed business requirements; the development effort includes
designing and implementing modules to the system specifications,
conducting unit testing, troubleshooting issues and producing
detailed proposals to resolve issues.
- May evaluate new coding techniques, tools, modules, and
implementation as appropriate.
- Lead and mentor entry and mid-level developers.
- Consult on requirements elicitation and definition.
- Design software solutions per systems requirements.
- Code software solutions per designs.
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
- Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing
guidance and training.
- Support testing and remediate defects.
- Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of
production logs and data.
- Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to
incorporate into coding standards.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5-7 years of related experience required.
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Professional Job Profile.MAXIMUS INTRODUCTIONSince
1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping
Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to
successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across
a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers
innovative business process management and technology solutions
that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels
of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of
government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees
worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the
United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the
United Kingdom. For more information, visit
https://www.maximus.com.EEO STATEMENTEEO Statement: Active military
service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody
the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a
resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce.
We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to
provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a
difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to
organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If
you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior
service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or
Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have
challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A
committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status or disabled status.PAY TRANSPARENCYMaximus compensation is
based on various factors including but not limited to job location,
a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and
quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and
internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as
well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component
of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include
short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards.
Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees,
including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance,
a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off.
Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be
commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An
applicant's salary history will not be used in determining
Keywords: MAXIMUS, Sacramento , Sr Developer/Data Engineer \u2013 Databricks, IT / Software / Systems , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...