Web Content Specialist
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Web Content Specialist develops and manages Raley's web content
to ensure it aligns with the overall Company brand and business
objectives. The Web Content Specialist uses content management
software (Bloomreach) to post and edit content and analyze user
traffic and engagement. This role conducts day-to-day coordination
with cross-functional partners to ensure that Raley's.com website
is up to date with high quality, relevant, and consistent customer
facing content that supports our various programs and provides a
platform for online health education. This job classification
requires the ability to develop creative content and recommend
solutions for functionality requests.
- Creates and manages engaging web content, including health
focused articles, tips and recipes, that aligns with our overall
brand strategy and addresses the needs and interests of our
- Creates and manages the website content calendar, strategy and
execution for Raley's new web experience.
- Identifies creative needs for furnishing new website with top
quality images, copy and compelling brand messages.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams including eCommerce,
Nutrition, Merchandising and I.T. to build and maintain web
content. Aligns content with seasonality, new product launches, and
- Works with Digital Marketing Developer and IT to create
interactive web functionalities and experiences upon request from
- Proofreads, corrects grammar errors and provides feedback to
other Marketing team members to ensure clarity and accuracy of
- Sources image assets and edits photos to optimize and fit
website standards using Adobe Photoshop. Maintains corporate
identity, design standards and policies in production of artwork
- Researches and creates original content and reviews various
resources to select pre-made content for website. Partners with
third party agencies as needed.
- Obtains appropriate sign off and proofing of all content before
- *Maximizes search rankings, optimizes content, and analyzes
user engagement by leveraging Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
tactics, Content Management Software and Google Analytics.
- Ensures web content includes the right keywords to push Raley's
platforms to the top of search engine results.
- Manages SEO agency to produce quarterly review and audits as
needed for website.
- Works closely with IT team to maintain site standards and
processes for publishing approvals.
- Uses Google Analytics to analyze web content performance.
- Ensures existing and new site content meets ADA requirements.
Liase with IT to conduct quarterly ADA audits.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or Advertising
preferred with a minimum of three or more (3+) years of marketing
department or agency experience, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Experience with managing projects for digital content such as
websites, social media, online advertising, and email
- Retail and food experienced preferred.Required Knowledge
- Knowledge of advertising practices and production.
- Knowledge of website merchandising principles and
- Office 365, Google Analytics, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, XD,
HTML, and CSS.
- Advanced knowledge of Wordpress, Drupal, and/or Bloomreach
content management systems. Skills/Abilities
- Advanced proofreading skills along with excellent written and
verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Conceptual and creating thinking skills.
- Knowledge of web trends and technologies.
- Ability to research new tools, techniques and trends.
- Ability to troubleshoot and recommend and implement
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness, accountability and
outstanding attention to detail.
- Expertise in mobile and desktop optimized design
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication
- Can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably.
- Develops strong working relationships with external vendors,
Keywords: Raley's, Sacramento , Web Content Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!