Senior Web Developer (Full Stack)
Company: Recology, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource
recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that
guides how we support employees, interact with our customers,
service our communities, and care for our environment. We encourage
Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and
- Giving Back to our communities.
- Recovering Resources to achieve their best and highest
- Owning a company that provides quality service and protects the
- Working Together to achieve our common vision, a world without
waste. You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Senior Web
Developer THE ROLE Coordinates web development activities to
develop, maintain, and improve internal and external websites while
providing technical expertise and guidance on projects to other
members of the web team. Supports initiatives and performs work to
achieve company goals and objectives by engaging in daily
development and support activities for all website-related projects
and systems. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT
- General oversight of projects, prioritization and
responsibilities of web development; including code quality,
development specifications and technical standards.
- Proactively collaborates with internal and external
- Gathers and develops information from Corporate and
subsidiaries in an effort to continually refine web site
- Designs and develops new internal and external website features
and enhancements to drive functionality and enhance user
experience/meet key Company objectives.
- Participates in design reviews and provides input to design
recommendations where necessary.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues associated with
current and future website functionality.
- Performs unit testing to identify, troubleshoot and solve
code-related issues as needed.
- Engineers and maintains re-usable web-based applications used
by employees and customers.
- Continually re-evaluates existing sites and applications to
improve quality and implements emerging industry technologies.
- Seeks opportunities to improve efficiency, accelerate progress
and reduce expenses by making specific targeted changes to
processes and practices, and measuring the impact.
- Defines, gathers and reports metrics to demonstrate the impact
and success of work being done by the web development team.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS Any combination of
education and experience that would likely provide the required
knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to
- Minimum six years' progressive experience in web development
and programming include working knowledge of each upgrade over the
last three years.
- Three years' experience in PHP5+ and a solid grasp of
object-oriented design principles. Laravel or similar MVC PHP
- Exposure to SharePoint, C# .NET MVC, Azure or AWS, Laravel and
Node.js is a plus.
- Experience with converting Photoshop documents into HTML
- Exposure to voice activated technology (e.g. Alexa, Google) a
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite of
applications, and experience with SDLC and issue tracking ticketing
- Technical and professional principals, best practices, and
- Current developments and trends in areas of expertise (web,
mobile, and related technologies).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Skill and/or Ability to:
- Promotes the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and
highest use of all resources as well as finding ways to use waste
products in ways that benefit the environment.
- Develops strategies to effectively manage current and future
challenges and opportunities; develops recommendations and
- Defines issues and focus on achieving workable solutions;
generates innovative ideas to develop or improve existing
- Demonstrates ability to use computers and technology
- Demonstrates strong proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of
expertise as well as company business and proficiency in strategic
and financial processes.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing; listens to and
understands various viewpoints; shares relevant information timely;
provides constructive feedback; maintains professionalism.
- Presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups and
delivers presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of
- Effectively and productively engages with others and
establishes trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promotes collaboration and assists others with their
initiatives and efforts.
- Motivates and empowers others to achieve objectives and to
develop a culture where employees feel ownership in what they
- Attracts, develops and retains good people; allows
opportunities for self and others to reach their full potential;
builds and shares knowledge and expertise.
- Listens to and builds customer relationships; increases
customer satisfaction and ensures commitments are met. RECOLOGY
- An ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors
people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our
- The largest employee owned resource recovery company in the
industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- A creative and caring culture that values community, diversity,
altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by
- An inspired company mission driven to use and return resources
to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R's:
Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- Distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and
grow community that sees a world without waste. RECOLOGY BENEFITS
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and
- Retirement plans (Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) with
- Annual wellness incentives.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Educational assistance.
- Employee referral program. SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to
applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide
accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information
may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may
disqualify you as a candidate. Recology is an equal opportunity
employer committed to supporting an inclusive and diverse work
environment where employees are valued, heard, and provided
development opportunities. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any
other basis that is prohibited by law. This description is not
intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits
associated with the job.
Keywords: Recology, Inc., Sacramento , Senior Web Developer (Full Stack), IT / Software / Systems , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!