Software Engineer, Information Solutions (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: January 15, 2021
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the
United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and
technical services for the world's leading companies in the food
and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and
other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering
experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation,
control system integration, facility and process engineering,
architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance,
enterprise technology and other consulting
services.--Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of
engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the
packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries.
By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational
strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a
$3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a
common belief: to use the power of business to build a better
world.--Job Description:As a Software Engineer at Design Group you
will join a dynamic system integration and consulting company to
provide cutting edge solutions to a wide range of industries. Our
software engineers work on projects to provide SCADA and/or MES
solutions to Fortune 100 companies in the Food and Beverage, Life
Science, and Industrial market segments. The scope of work can
include anything in the life cycle of a project starting from
definition and selection of a platform to development/debugging and
onsite startup. Frequently this team is working on first-of-a-kind
solutions to solve real-world operational problems for our
- Working as an individual or in a team with other software
engineers. Can also include working on large projects with other
engineering disciplines such as greenfield design of a new
manufacturing plant and all associated software system
- Designing control/SCADA systems including databases and
database interfaces, data analytics & reporting, scripting (VB,
python, etc.) and general programming
- Onsite startup of systems that you designed and
- Understanding project requirements in order to
develop/configure industrial control packages accordingly for use
in manufacturing space.
- Understanding technical and operational constraints to create
project development and commissioning plans.
- Understanding of back-end computing infrastructure used in
manufacturing (compute hardware, virtualization, OS's, networking,
databases, etc.) is a plus.
- Managing multiple scopes of work in various phases
- Communicating with client stake holders to understand scopes of
work and deliverablesRequirements:
- 3+ years of System Integration, SCADA and/or MES application
development.--Candidates with experience in the food and beverage
or life science industries are preferred
- Requires strong fluency in at least one of the following SCADA
platforms: --Ignition, Rockwell, Wonderware, or GE. Strong SQL
skills are a plus
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Rockwell (ControlLogix, PLC5, SLC500) and
Siemens PLC's, PanelView HMI's is a plus.
- The ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute
multiple project responsibilities is needed.
- Candidates must possess good communication and interpersonal
skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management,
clients, and vendors. Contractor and Construction management skills
are also a plus.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project
requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation
and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored
meetings, training's, industry related seminars, forums, or
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering or Computer
Science/Engineering preferred or equivalent
experience--Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer.
M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.--Applicants may be subject
to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening,
reference checks, employment verifications, background screening
and/or skills assessments.--Company:
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Sacramento , Software Engineer, Information Solutions (Design Group), IT / Software / Systems , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!